Dark Theme for Desktop Browser

Canus Antonius February 27, 2021

Out of many discussions regarding Trello, Dark Theme for Desktop is by far one of the most requested and needed features. It makes no logical sense as to why the Mobile App for Trello already has it, but Desktop does not. A feature like this is easy to implement and has existed on Mobile for a long time, so there are absolutely no excuses that can be provided whatsoever as to why you have not implemented this feature for Browser. 

A large number of people who are using Trello are using the Browser version, I personally find it a lot more practical typing on a keyboard than on my phone for long work sessions. It would be beneficial to have this accessibility option provided to help reduce eye-strain during these prolonged times. At the moment, third-party Chrome extensions are the only way to get the desired effect, due to Atlassian not implementing this feature directly into Trello. Please heed the requests of your users and actually bring Dark Theme to Trello on our web browsers so we no longer have to post discussions requesting it. 

TL;DR: Dark Theme has existed on Trello Mobile for a while, bring it to Desktop Browsers.

16 comments

Brainvs February 27, 2021

Agreed, I would much prefer a dark mode trello. 

Like # people like this
Deleted user February 27, 2021

Since it's already implemented on the mobile version, don't think it would be too much to ask for it to be on the desktop version as well.

Like # people like this
Pareherwenemef February 27, 2021

Dark mode is definitely something that should be added to the desktop version of Trello. As a person that suffers from chronic migraines which cause my eyes to be sensitive to bright light, having a dark-mode option would make using Trello on my desktop much more enjoyable. 

Like # people like this
Anth February 27, 2021

I'd very much like this to be adopted into the desktop version, seeing that it's already been implemented on mobile.

Like # people like this
ErichVonDegurechaff February 27, 2021

I agree with Canus, as he said, it makes no sense as to why the mobile app has it, yet the desktop version does not. 

Like # people like this
DeviousDarth February 27, 2021

Having dark mode would be a lot better and it would give us a variety to work with 

Like # people like this
corrupttechnology February 27, 2021

For. Pretty good overall plan, definitely would be a good edition. 

Like # people like this
Lxizrus February 27, 2021

I personally don’t like the lightmode.

Like Canus Antonius likes this
standerer February 27, 2021

Dark modes are the best, we need it.

Like # people like this
ovn February 27, 2021

As a person who utilizes Trello for almost everything, implementing dark mode will make our lives easier. It’ll be much nicer on the eyes and would look neat. I’ve enjoyed it a lot on phone but I’d rather not type and do all my Trello work through phone. Adding dark mode would be more efficient, nicer, and easier for those who struggle with light-mode and simply eyesight. 

Insidious February 27, 2021

obviously , i would love to actually not burn my eyes every-time im opening this great application up. to more make users happy using it i would recommend doing this 

MariusPompeius February 28, 2021

endorsed, good format

Like # people like this
Blokmn February 28, 2021

In our current state of the world, most apps and desktop applications have begun offering darkmode. Darkmode is used to help our eyes and provide us with a significantly better experience on the platform. I would suggest that we do indeed look into adding darkmode on the desktop. 

Like # people like this
Kota March 3, 2021

I agree with the comments above, yegh

Stanislav
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2021

I got everything in black screen. So yeah lets do it !

Kate O'Shaughnessy May 17, 2021

Would love to have dark mode on Trello, pretty much everything I use is in dark mode. I have Trello open all the time and use it more than anything else.

I work late at night and have everything is in dark mode other than the glaring white light from Trello, it gives me a headache and strains my eyes.
Just look at the image attached. That lights up my whole room in the dark.

PLEASE can you create dark mode for desktop! :)

Screenshot 2021-05-18 at 03.07.36.png

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events