Dark Mode and more Customization for Android Widget

Jason Qin March 10, 2021

Are there any plans for more powerful customization options for Trello's android widgets? A dark mode would be great! I would also like the ability to prevent cards in certain lists from showing up in the Trello Assigned Cards widget. For example, I want cards in the 'Done' list of a board to not show up in the trello assigned cards widget. 

10 comments

Ryan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 17, 2021

Hi Jason,

We don't currently have any work planned for the Android widgets, but I'll note down that you'd like to see some new options there!

Thanks,

Ryan

Like Dennis Fehr likes this
Dennis Fehr April 5, 2023

Been a couple years. Any news? Do you guys even still care about the android version? Is it a "not many people use widgets" scenario why you won't add more options for widgets? If that's the case, they most likely aren't using them cause it has one option, and it isn't great. Google keep has a lot more options and looks better.

Like Briana Beck likes this
Philip Salter June 27, 2021

Hi, I was looking for the same topic and found this. It's really surprising to me that this issue isn't getting more attention online! For me the widget is unusable while all the finished tasks are in the list. Grouping the tasks by due date is the only configuration option I see, but it ofc only works if I put a due date on each card, which I usually don't do. 

Please add a config option to filter the shown tasks by board and status!

Like # people like this
Kyle Duazo September 26, 2021

I third this thread. My only phone widget not in darkmode. 

Like # people like this
Jacek Duda December 30, 2021

Fourth. Dark Android widget for everyone!

Like # people like this
Leonardosan March 17, 2022

2022-

Trello has no dark mode for widgets. why.

devs do sumthin please more widgets we need more widgets!

in dark mode

Like # people like this
Timothy Pelayo May 9, 2022

I would also like to see dark mode supported for Trello widgets on Android. I want to use the Assigned Cards widget more, but I get tired of staring at a searing bright white widget while all of the other widgets from other apps that I use support dark mode.

Please add dark mode support for your Android widgets.

Like Stephanie likes this
Alexander Larsen February 1, 2023

I stand behind adding dark mode to the widget 🫡

Paul LaFourest March 26, 2023

+1 that this widget should not list completed tasks.

Briana Beck May 2, 2023

Agreed with the comment about Google Keep - Trello has way more functionality but I can't get off Keep and switch to Trello for personal use without a better Android widget. As it stands, only being able to view assigned cards, the widget is completely useless for my personal or professional task lists. Even at work, most managers/admin staff do not get assigned to cards (only field crew or the sales team) so despite the fact that most people in the org use Trello daily, the Android widget is still pointless. I'd like to see customization of views with potential for all cards in a list, and multiple lists from one or more boards.

George Barton June 13, 2023

It would be great to see tasks not assigned to myself and also not get my retinas burnt out from the widget (dark mode please!)

Edit not sure if it's a Dev setting on my phone but I now have dark mode for my widget!

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events