Create presentations from Trello boards

danielpichel July 27, 2020

Hey folks,

this is to share and discuss the MVP solution of a problem that has been mentioned by the community frequently:

Users are tired of creating their presentations by arranging objects and text boxes on a canvas. The solution approach to this is converting presentations from tools that enable structuring content in more convenient ways. Massive success has been achieved with Notion and Markdown already. Now trying a new approach as this has been frequently requested: Trello.

Currently launched Wunderpresentation for Trello in beta mode which works as follows

• All cards from a Trello board are converted into slides.
  • The card title represents the title of the slides.
  • The card description is added below the title to represent the content of the slide.
  • Cards in the same list are arranged as vertical slides.
  • Cards from different lists convert into horizontal slides.
  • The cover image on a card is added as the main image of the slide.

Just the beginning. What do you think?

Browser4.png

2 comments

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 27, 2020

@danielpichel  Congrats. Tried it. Like it very much. Keep it up. 

Like danielpichel likes this
danielpichel July 27, 2020

Thanks for checking it out. Appreciate your kind words!

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2020

@danielpichel  Wonder you are prepared to share how you did the Authorize Trello button. While I have built custom power up and it has a Authorize capability I am trying to do this outside of the Power Up framework just on a web app to simplify my enrolment process. Presumably there is a some kind of client.JS and some HTML.  

danielpichel August 18, 2020

@milynnusHappy to help out here. It has been easier than I assumed inittially. This is using the Trello REST API. They have this great documentation here. First step is the authorization of the client and with the token reveived, all other REST requests can be conducted. Does this make sense to you?

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 19, 2020

@danielpichel now that I revisited my earlier work, I was able to use the client.js to invoke the authorisation and get the token. At this point, I cannot save the token like what I would do with a t.set('member', 'private', 'trello_token', token) since this is all on a webpage and not in Trello unlike when using a Power Up. 

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 25, 2020

@danielpichel  I have been doing documentation on Trello boards. I have tried your wunderpresentation and was wondering how can I serve out the pages either via a link or a link to an endpoint that return the pages via a http response? I really do not want to write my own script to convert cards to HTML if I can help it. 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events