Create a dedicated "Suggestion" area in Atlassian Community with suggestion-voting

Lachlan Macnish October 7, 2020

I would love to see an entirely separate section in Atlassian Community that is dedicated to suggestions.

These suggestions should have a vote function.

I would suggest adding it as an additional tab to the right of Discussions (e.g. Questions | Discussions | Suggestions).

As an example, Deezer Community has an excellent Suggestions section:

https://en.deezercommunity.com/got-an-idea-50

I would much prefer this to having to post in Discussions or contacting Atlassian directly. It would be great to make this a community-conversation because I don't feel that my suggestions are being appropriately handled (I love that you give any possible work-around, but most-important is confidence that the suggestions are taken on-board, and transparency and visibility would be the best approach here).

1 comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 8, 2020

Atlassian ask for suggestions in most of their products to be logged in what many of us refer to as "Jack"  (JaC really).  It's over at https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa

But while that is a central place for most suggestions, it doesn't yet have a place for Trello, nor Community, and the voting system in Jira is probably even less useful than what we have in Community (I look at "likes" as a form of vote).

So I'd say any suggestion that isn't a product suggestion for a product tracked in JaC, I'd say create a post in https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Feedback-Announcements/ct-p/feedback-forum for a suggestion

Lachlan Macnish October 8, 2020

Wow that's a mess :-) I think I'll just keep raising them here, because it's the only place any community users are going to look for such discussions. But I'd hope it's not that much effort to just add a new category of thread anyway (it's really just a Discussion and the Like is the vote, as you say - don't even really need to change the wording to "Vote" - "Like" has the same effect).

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 9, 2020

That's the best bet. 

JaC is a mess because it's got a huge amount of stuff in it, been redesigned and rebuilt several times and by people who do not actually really want to use it for gathering suggestions.  Nonetheless, it is still the only publicly available thing Atlassian use for suggestions (and the rest) for the products it handles.  They do look at Community, especially if a Leader pokes them about a particular post, but that generally just means the post is posted into JaC if they think a suggestion is useful.

I'd say Community is a good place to talk about suggestions, leading to JaC entries if appropriate - if nothing else, suggestions discussed here can lead to well-formed and well-informed JaC requests that Atlassian are more likely to take up.

Like Mandy Ross likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events