Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checklist and Copy Card - Can't Figure This Out :(

cgoneal July 28, 2022

Hoping someone else has figured out how to do this!

Can you copy a card from a Checklist Item then link them together?

I've tried everything. I originally thought I could add a Checklist to the Master Card and created linked cards for each checklist item. But there is no way to rename that linked card with a value from Custom Field :( 

Gonna try to example this out:

Master Card is named "Master Card with Subtasks"
Added a checklist to this card called "Subtasks"
There is a Custom Field in the Master card called "REF"
>>
I want to be able to create a linked card from each Checklist item and when the card is created name it like the Custom Field (ex: REF)

Apparently that can't be done so I thought:

For each Checklist Item I could copy a card then rename the copied the card to the Custom Field called "REF"

I AM AT A LOSS :(

The end Result should be:

Master Card with a Checklist on it called Subtasks
For each checklist item of Subtasks there is a linked card with the name of "REF" + the Checklist Name

HELP!!

1 comment

Hannah Humbert - Simpla Workflows
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2022

Hi @cgoneal welcome to the community! :) You can use the lookup function to pull variables from the found card and reference them in your newly created card. For example:

"when an item is added to checklist "Subtasks", convert the item to a linked card, lookup the first card in the attachments, and rename the card to {foundcardname} - {newcardname}". 

However, it's not possible to use the "found" prefix with custom field variables, so I don't think you'll be able to pull the custom field value from the trigger card.

You'll need to hold this information in the card name, description, label, etc. instead. 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events