Card comments UI - poor visibility

vitar October 1, 2021

Hello! I have been using Trello for ages, and I have always been finding comments having poor usability: they are not clearly distinguishable in the card - empty field and filled comments look almost identical, and in general the Activity part of the card looks cluttered, so it is hard to notice the updates. For this reason, I usually use the Description field for all updates.

It would be great if the comments get a new design because they are much faster to add and have a time stamp. 

Trello comments.png

2 comments

Dan Ivory _Orah Apps_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 1, 2021

Hey @vitar

I don't know much about what Trello are planning for this but we're working on an alternative/upgrade for Trello Comments right now as a Power-Up (Beta version coming soon!). The main reason is to provide the ability to thread replies from comments to avoid confusion when discussing multiple things at once.

I'm really interested to know more about what you have in mind for a design update. Maybe we can build some of it for you in our solution :) 

Would you be open to chatting with me some more? If yes could you send me an email at dan@orahapps.com and we can take it from there?

More info on our new app here https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-discussions/Beta-Testers-required-NEW-Power-Up-Threaded-Comments-for-Trello/td-p/1815412 

Thanks!
Dan

vitar October 1, 2021

Hi @Dan Ivory _Orah Apps_ 

Sounds interesting! I will try to sketch some more concrete ideas then, perhaps next week.

Federico Scala October 21, 2021

I agree. They could definitely take some inspiration from how comments are managed in Jira.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events