Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calendar Power-Up vs. Cronofy Power-Up (Beauty and the Beast?)

Gustavo Sanchez January 22, 2019

Hello,

Why is it that Trello's Calendar Power-Up does not sync in real time?

The creators of Cronofy Power-Up seem to have figured it out.

Shouldn't real-time calendar to board syncing be a standard feature by Trello?

Am I missing something?

I greatly appreciate your support as I try to problem solve for my calendar syncing issue here.

BTW, I love Trello and use it everyday, but this one issue feels like a little pebble in my shoe (very annoying) or like waiting for my grandma to cross the street so we can get to the movies on time. 

Have a great day guys and gals!

Gus

4 comments

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2019

@Gustavo Sanchez I think one of the main design objectives for Trello is to solve core problems really well and "outsource" other issues to people building on the platform. Just as you have identified, Cronofy have been able to solve the problem you need addressed, so the "Trello Way" would be to say "use Cronofy if that works best".

Trello has been able to succeed at creating an amazing core product but focusing on a pretty tight feature set and having an open and very reliable and powerful API for people to build their own features on top of it.

Katrin Anger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2019

@Gustavo Sanchez 

It seems as if it is a feature Cronofy will only work on if enough people vote for it. See their FAQ for more info on it.

Gustavo Sanchez May 9, 2019

Thank you both for your input. I've had to simplify and reduce the use of calendar powerups because it wasn't enhancing my productivity.

Sooner than later I hope I can find a way to seamlessly sync my boards and calendars.

Have a great day.

Kim Cramer October 15, 2019

Anyone know the limit on Trello boards to sync to your calendars via Cronofy Power-Up? (for free) it says I've reached my limit and now have to pay but it doesn't say how many I've used up 

I've looked everywhere and can't find it.  

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events