Butler set custom filed question

Geza Toth April 4, 2019

Hi, 

I am trying to set a rule 

when custom field "single-stage" is checked, set custom field "Current deadline" to "Single-stage deadline"

Does not seem to work, but if I set e.g. 

when custom field "single-stage" is checked, set custom field "Current deadline" to "01.01.2020"

That works....

2 comments

marc -Collabello--Phase Locked-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2019

@Geza TothThis might have to do with the "type" of the custom field.  Basically you can't add text ("Single-stage deadline") to a date field.

Geza Toth April 4, 2019

Hi, but the "Single-stage deadline" is also a custom field.

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2019

Ok, so you need to do logic like:

```

when custom field "single-stage" is checked, set custom field "Current deadline" to {{%Single-stage deadline}}

```

Geza Toth April 4, 2019

Hmmm when I add that {{%Single-stage deadline}} to the rule it becomes 

when custom field "single-stage" is checked, set custom field "Current deadline" to "{{%Single-stage deadline}}" 

and it does not work still.

Geza Toth April 4, 2019

Interestingly in the demo video for set custom field they click in to the Filed name and a list pops up. I don't get that list. Same for New value. However for example get the list for clear custom field....

Geza Toth April 4, 2019

Ok, the solution was to add 

%Single-stage deadline

to the New value field. So the rule looks like this:

when custom field "single-stage" is checked, set custom field "Current deadline" to "%Single-stage deadline"

Community Leader
Community Leader
April 4, 2019

Great that it got resolved.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events