Bullet journalling using Trello

mogavenasan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2021

I have been using Trello for about 3 years now to plan my weekly task. I started bullet journalling in the traditional way - a book and a pen; which I need to invest some time creating the columns and etc. Few weeks into it, I needed something that can be accessed while I’m outside - I didn’t have the journal with me all the time. So I was looking for some online solution that will help me to update the journal anytime as long as I have my mobile phone with me. Trello was one of the solutions, it is free, easy to use and I’m good with APIs. So I build a bunch of automation using Zapier (back then Butler was a third-party power up and had quite a limitation).

Moving forward, I had a bit of a problem with Zapier and I needed more automation - I moved all the automation to Google Apps Script. 3 years later, I’m still using all the automation, spent almost none hours on maintaining the automation. You can read about what I have done here.

Maybe, this year, if I have the time, I will take a look into the Butler and see if I can migrate everything from what I have in GAS to Butler's rules.

I hope that this article helps someone that have similar ideas. If you are already using it in a way similar to mine, feel free to share! 

Have a nice day folks.

Cheers,
Moga

1 comment

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2021

@mogavenasan 

Thanks for sharing. Since Trello already have a mobile app, I struggled to find a use case to do something similar. I ended up with a couple of ios shortcuts that takes advantage of my work with http request e.g. fetch contalist details from card, update CF into Numbers, ..etc 

Like mogavenasan likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events