Awesome Checklist Beta features

Matt Bray December 18, 2019

Good morning fellow Trello users.

My Team use Trello to track all of our bidding and processing of jobs. I have a team of Project Managers that manage their projects, and a team of Engineers that process the project for manufacturing. We make custom kitchens and commercial Millwork.

I have noticed from the update that happened last night that there are new features added to the checklists and it has added so many new options that my team are already falling in love with. Disclaimer: we run Business Class and these features are only in Beta currently.

The four icons at the bottom now allow us to allocate particular things to someone, add the due dates, tag other members and add emojis.

Trello discusion 1.jpg

This becomes a great way for the engineers to ask for particular missing information and let the Project Manager know the urgency of when the information is needed by.

Trello discusion 2.jpg

Hopefully, once this becomes standard, we will be able to automate these features with Butler or other Trello add-ons. 

What do others think of these new features and how else could they be used to make your workflow more efficient? 

4 comments

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 18, 2019

Exciting!

Matt Bray December 18, 2019

@Kat Warner Very exciting. I think I'm more excited about the possibilities that will come once butler can automate this, and the template cards/boards. 

Ludo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 26, 2019

Good features. Possible improvements :

- synchonization beetween advanced checklist and linked cards from items (due date, member).

- visibility on the front of the card 

- duplicate itemstate after having copied a card

Like Matt Bray likes this
Matt Bray December 30, 2019

@Ludo yeah these would be awesome. I guess we keep our fingers crossed Trello gets these updates, or someone creates add-ons to work alongside them.

Wagner December 30, 2019

These new features look very nice!

In regards to the Due dates of each line in a checklist, do you know if the card will show in the Calendar view? 

I work in a room let company, we have a card for each property available or becoming available. Within this card, we create a 'checklist' named Rooms and add there each room and the date that it will become available. 

image.png

It would be very helpful for us to see in a Calendar view the rooms available per date. 

Matt Bray February 7, 2020

@Wagner By the looks of it the Calendar view does not show the checklist dates, but this may change in the future if Trello makes these permanent features. I can only speculate at this point.

jessbarnett
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 27, 2020

We're working on it! :) 

Like Matt Bray likes this
Matt Bray February 27, 2020

@jessbarnett that's awesome to hear! I look forward to seeing new features in the future

Ludo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2020

Hi, 

with butler, there is no way to rename an item except by using "collect" action and using a pattern. It's onerous and sometimes inapropriate. It would be helpful to have item renaming action or to use a pattern by copying a checklist from a card. 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events