Avoid Unverified & untrustworthy add-ons

Bhavin Joshi May 8, 2020

I have been using treello for over 6 years now. I used many add-ons and realized one should always avoid unverified and untrustworthy add-ons which may offer some cosmetics/reporting and/or security features but they sneak into your data, share with third parties and make changes/redirect your links to unsolicited webpages.

1 comment

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2020

When you say add-ons, are you referring to power-ups? Because these are all verified by Trello. If you're talking about Chrome Extension, for sure approach with caution, but there are also some good gems out there. 

If you're confused about any feel free to post in here and ask about specific ones and we'll be happy to chime in if we've used it before. 

Bhavin Joshi May 8, 2020

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

I am precisely not confused betweent add-ons & power ups. In fact, I tried to generalize the term. Anyway, the 'power ups', though verified by the service, and as I said, sneak into your private details and share with third parties. One of the agile power - up has this issue and I faced it many times.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events