Anyone using Trello instead of a Facebook group or Might Networks?

Sarah Santacroce April 8, 2022

Hi Community, 

I'm interested to hear if anyone is using Trello as a community platform for an online community, instead of for example Facebook group or Mighty Networks?

We really like the simplicity of the tool, but wonder how to use it with a group because as far as I know there isn't a way to notify all members about new content. Or is there?

Anyone?

Thanks

Adam and Sarah

2 comments

Aiyoku April 8, 2022

I use Trello for managing communities on Discord, but not everyone is on board with using it. You could use Power-Ups like Board Chat for communication between group members on individual boards under a workspace. Notifying members about content can be done with a Butler automation that sends out emails to them.

Like Sarah Santacroce likes this
Sarah Santacroce April 9, 2022

thank you so much for this, Aiyoku! Really helpful!!

Aiyoku April 13, 2022

You're welcome!

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 9, 2022

I’ve done it before! Admittedly it’s hard if the other folks aren’t into trello or used to it. But it’s definitely doable! 

I used lists to organize categories, and each new card was a topic for discussion (like an article or question, etc.) people could engage by adding comments, creating their own cards with questions/topics, etc 

this was years ago when I tried it and I actually think it would work even better now with things like the voting power up to upvote topics, and automation to manage notifications and labels for topics, and dashcards or other reporting tools for seeing what types of posts are most popular 

Sarah Santacroce April 10, 2022

thanks so much, @Brittany Joiner 

Like Brittany Joiner likes this
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2022

@Sarah Santacroce feel free to ping me if you need more ideas or any help setting it up!

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events