Anyone else dislikes how trello links look like now after an update?!?

Gabriela Rodrigues May 6, 2021

Today trello just messed up. Or better saying, Atlassian just messed up. 

The way how they updated internal trello links (board or card links) to look like when linked as a checklist item or in a card's description used to be perfect.... BEFORE TODAY!

After the update, if you link a card or board to a card's checklist, it gets highlighted in a white box and the link gets bright blue. It looks terrible. Who thought that was a good idea?!?! Please revert this update!!!!!

THIS IS BAD ⬇️

trello-update-checklist items.JPG

THIS WAS MUCH BETTER ⬇️ Please revert this update!

trello-links.JPG

10 comments

Vinicius Miazaki May 7, 2021

Agreed. This SUCKS! Me and my team are considering leaving Trello if this isn't reverted. Or they should at least give us the option to disable that!

Like # people like this
Gabriela Rodrigues May 7, 2021

Totally agree. I even opened a support ticket and really hope they will pass down my feedback to the "engineering team". But they said this can't be reverted at this point. 

Please if you really dislike it too, open a ticket with support. I guess the only way to have this changed is enough people contacting them about it. 

Thanks for commenting!

Like # people like this
Mickael Delmotte June 13, 2023

I lost all my boards!

I c

razorfrog May 7, 2021

YES. This is laughably bad. Did they user test it at all? They've suggested using backticks to mark URLs as code blocks, but then they're not clickable. Their current workaround is to remove the HTTPS:// prefix, which removes the automatic formatting. So clunky. 

Like # people like this

SO bad! That's what they told me to. And I was like "No, I don't want workarounds, I want the links to look like they used to before this update". 

I really liked when they made trello links standout with the colored icon but the "box" on the link was just the same background color of the card. It made it standout enough but not too much. It was perfect. Why would they change that?!?! Like they are many more features that they could be working on instead of bothering changing this and making it bad.  

Scott Werley May 7, 2021

It's so bad. On the point of being unusable. Thank you so much for posting this, and hopefully, others will follow suit too.

Atlassian / Trello, we hope you are listening! Please restore standard links. We don't need these link previews! 

Like # people like this

This is how the links should have stayed Trello-Atlassian!!!!!! Please go back to this

trello-links.JPG

razorfrog May 7, 2021

I'm actually hoping they make an option to disable it entirely. Auto formatting internal Trello links is one thing, but auto-formatting and taking over ALL external links is driving me nuts. 

Like # people like this

Same here. 

Mickael Delmotte June 13, 2023

I just came back on Trello after 2 years not using it. I lost all my boards!!! what a joke. and the new look and feel is crap. Feels like going back to the 90's.

vladimir-borej May 10, 2021

New previews suck!

There should be an option to avoid that, like backslash or even better a setting to disable that completely.

Brandon Giraldo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 13, 2021

Hi all, thanks for your feedback. Our team is working hard to collect this feedback and address issues with the new smart links experience in Trello. You should see some enhancements to this experience in the very near future.

Like # people like this
razorfrog May 13, 2021

Thank you for the update. Hoping for a way to disable this asap. 

Like Scott Werley likes this
William Relios Ecommerce June 12, 2021

This is terribly disorienting and useless.Screen Shot 2021-06-12 at 9.24.49 PM.png

You have to hit Edit to use the description field any way so why not just leave them a plain ol' URLs.

Screen Shot 2021-06-12 at 9.25.31 PM.png

This is better: It is recognizable as information and highly scannable. The "button" look is opaque and visually demanding— it's an attention hog! It actually pulls your eye away from any other text, in the description field. Better to have just a hyperlink when the description field is in View mode. Or whatever it's called when it's not in Edit mode

Like # people like this
razorfrog June 13, 2021

Great example here. That top screenshot is a mess!

Like Scott Werley likes this
William Relios Ecommerce June 16, 2021

Well, how about them apples? I will absolutely accept this as an improvement.

Thank you, Trellodites!

Screen Shot 2021-06-16 at 6.58.17 AM.png

Adam Cao
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 6, 2021

I just launched a Chrome extension that prevents Trello from previewing your links: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/link-preserver-for-trello/kakifckibanjlglpkbnfdichejplgdap

It's completely free to use. I hope this helps! ❤️

If you like what you see, check out my other Power-Ups at https://tinypowerups.com 🙂

Like ustp_cz likes this
ustp_cz September 14, 2023

Hi, unfortunately, your extension is no longer effective :/

benoithubert September 5, 2021

This is a canonical example of "if it ain't broken, don't fix it" that they should use in web development schools.

Like ustp_cz likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events