Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any interest in using a Trello Auto-Generating Meal Planner?

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2022

I did my first Trello livestream last week, and I really enjoyed it! Thinking about doing another one, and I'm curious if people would be interested in that. 

I've had it on my to do list (well, my Trello board) for a while now to try to build a random meal generator/meal planner in Trello. The premise would be that i have a bank of recipes in a list, and when I'm too tired to pick what I want to eat for the week, i can click a board button or something and it picks some meals for me. Ideally would incorporate some criteria, like type of meat, length of time to cook, etc, so i could basically get a couple meal suggestions based on any criteria i have, without having to manually sort through my list of all possible meals.

giphy

Would anyone be interested in this? And would anyone be interested in watching me try to build this? I haven't done any prep work so it would be totally on the fly, but you'd get to watch the Brain of Brittany as it tries to solve problems and comes up with too many features on the fly and then has to pare them down 😂

EDIT! Livestream is scheduled for this Friday (Jan 28th) at 11 am CST!

Click above to join day of, and if you'd like a reminder before I go live, you can request one here!

4 comments

Leslie Rieger January 24, 2022

Um, that sounds amazing!

Like Brittany Joiner likes this
Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2022

Yes please! I’m already doing a meal planning for a week in trello but manually. Doing it automatically would be awesome!

I have some meals that are “cheat meals” so usually I’m trying to pick just one or two per week from the list. Maybe something to consider in your algorithm 🤓

Like # people like this
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 25, 2022

Noted!

Leslie Rieger January 25, 2022

I haven't been using Trello that long, so I don't know if this is even possible, but it would also be super cool, if once it's picked recipes, it could generate an ingredient list for the week (or whatever length of time you're planning for) so you could see what you have and what you might need to shop for. 

(This is so exciting!  I'm very, very bad at meal planning.)

Like Brittany Joiner likes this
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 26, 2022

@Leslie Rieger yes! that's been a heavily requested feature as well. I will do my best to incorporate that!

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 26, 2022

UPDATE! Livestream is scheduled for this Friday (Jan 28th) at 11 am CST!

Click above to join day of, and if you'd like a reminder before I go live, you can request one here!

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 28, 2022
Leslie Rieger January 31, 2022

Argh! I totally spaced it!  I'm glad it's recorded.  I'm looking forward to seeing how it worked out.

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 31, 2022
Like Leslie Rieger likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events