Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any call for smaller price tier?

Liz Bailey-Henderson July 10, 2017

My small office (4 full time regular, ~2-6 student workers) loves Trello for keeping track of everyone's tasks and staying on top of things. However, there's really no feasible way we could ever pay $10/user/month...small college budget and all.

Most of what the Business Class payment option offers, we don't really need, such as the file storage, collections, & security. However, we would gladly pay ~$10 or so/month total just for more powerups and customization options. It feels a bit silly that we have the options of...free, oooorr $80-100/month.

Does anyone else agree? I feel like they're missing out on some cash here. I'd make a formal suggestion but there doesn't appear to be a place for that...please correct me if I'm wrong. :)

2 comments

Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 11, 2017

Hi Liz,

We take any and all suggestions via our Contact page: https://trello.com/contact

It sounds like you might be interested in Trello Gold, which is an individual-level upgrade: https://trello.com/gold

Gold allows you to upload custom photo backgrounds, use stickers, and enable up to three Power-Ups on any board. Gold also doesn't apply to the team, so you don't need to pay for each member, and can upgrade only the members you choose!

Let me know if you have any questions!

Liz Bailey-Henderson July 11, 2017

Aha, gold does look pretty nice...I didn't even know it existed! :) So thank you.

Will changes I make through my gold account be seen by other members of the board (ie other people can use the other power-ups if I add them)?

Mike
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 11, 2017

Indeed! They won't be able to add additional Power-Ups, but they can see and interact with any that you enable on the board. Similarly, they'll see any custom photo backgrounds, but can't upload their own, and they can access any large files that you attach to a card, but they'd still have the free account attachment limit if they attach files.

Liz Bailey-Henderson July 11, 2017

That all sounds just fine and reasonable, fantastic. Thank you again for your help - maybe suggest adding a note about the Gold option somewhere under the group pricing? I know they're separate, but it's the only place I thought to look for upgrades. :)

Mike
Atlassian Team
July 11, 2017

Agreed! I'll pass that on!

Deleted user February 26, 2021

As a solo user Gold looks about right. With GDrive, Planyway (for actual functioning two-way integration with GCal and SHow Checklist Trello would juuust about do what i need.

Oh..wait. Those "Power ups" (That really really should be core features of any payed offer) would actually cost me MORE than the Gold subscription itself? O..O

Sheessh.. I'd say you guys need to look at what you are offering solo users and.. maybe scrap that model where some core features are paid EXTRA?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events