Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Absolutely LIVID about card descriptions being deleted with a single keypress

Phillip Fuchs December 2, 2019

I use Trello for work. I bring links for articles I hope to save into the description section of cards related to certain topics/companies. This has proven to be a solution that simply does not work.

If i misclick a key on my keyboard (an as yet undiscovered key), it will delete almost everything and it is unrecoverable. No redo, no cancel what I just did, just.... here's 20 minutes of work you did erased. I am horrified at the prospect of doing that to cards I have spent hours and hours on.

How can this be? At first I thought it was a fluke, but today it happened to me again and I am sitting here scratching my head wondering: How can the product team at Trello not have disabled blanket deletes of large blocks of text in the description field in 2019??

Please help!

1 comment

Torben_trello
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 12, 2019

Hi Phillip,

Is this an existing description that is overwritten? If is has been saved previously and stored on our servers, you should be able to recover it via the json export: https://help.trello.com/article/783-recovering-the-description-of-a-card-that-has-been-changed

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events