Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A/B Testing using Trello

Dallis King February 27, 2018

Hi,

I want to A/B test a new strategy with our company's onboard processes. Currently, every time we have a new customer we use Zapier to automatically create a new card in a Trello Board with all relevant information. 

I want to create some sort of automatic process that adds "Group: A" or "Group: B" to the description of that new card automatically. The A's and B's need to be balanced so ideally it would alternate. One card would come in Group A, the next would be B, back to A, etc. 

I looked into Zapier to complete this task, but I'm not sure how to segment the new cards. I was hoping for a card ID or number and I could assign all evens to A and odds to B but that doesn't seem possible.

Has anyone ever attempted this before or have an idea of what I could try to achieve this?

1 comment

crystali
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 28, 2018

Hi Dallis,

Happy to help you figure this one out!

If you have the Power-Up availability to enable card numbers, you could use that Power-Up to assign a number to all of the cards on this board. This would automatically add a number to existing cards and continue to number any new cards that are created.

As far as automation for segmenting the incoming cards, we don't currently have an integration or Power-Up that would do this automatically, but Butler might be a good choice for creating a new card button that would automate the process of assigning a tag to the card. In this case, after having card numbers enabled, you could visit the board at certain intervals, open up each even or odd numbered card and click a card button that would give them the Group A or Group B tag which you can then filter on the board later.

Sorry we don't have a cohesive and fully automated workaround for this workflow at the moment, but these alternatives could prove useful until something more intuitive comes along.

Let me know how these suggestions work for you!

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events