Wedding Planning with Trello

With summer around the corner, wedding season is in full bloom. Gone are the days of making wedding arrangements with hard copy to-do-lists and scrambling to get all of the pieces done, ensuring you don't miss any deadlines or details.

Trello has so many options for wedding preparations with their Trello Inspiration boards - many thanks to Lauren Moon of Trello and Ty Flairclough of FOODit for sharing these gems. I have been sharing the Wedding Inspiration boards far and wide with my friends and family that have upcoming weddings. Why reinvent the wheel when these tried and true boards exists. All you need to do is visit the board(s) of your choice, select "copy board" and rename it. The template of the inspiration board is then created on your Trello account, and you can adapt it and make it your own, based on your own wedding. 

The current Wedding Inspiration boards include: 

wedding trello.png

Wedding Planning, Wedding Day Timeline, Seating Arrangement, Bridesmaid Board and Thank you Cards 

The best part is you can invite all those involved with helping you coordinate to the board (s) so that everyone is on the same page and can collaborate on the various pieces of your big day together. Check back often as new boards are uploaded to Trello Inspiration site regularly. 

Be sure to share this article and/or the Trello Inspiration boards with friends and family that have an upcoming wedding, it will save them so much time and energy, simplifying all the steps in the process so that more time can be focused on enjoying the planning of the big day and being in the moment. Wishing Trello existed back when I got married :)

6 comments

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 13, 2019

Amazing! This reminds me of another story in the community that uses Jira to prepare for the wedding!

A Jira Wedding, Key: Love

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2019

Wow that's fantastic, thanks for sharing @Ollie Guan :)

jndeverteuil
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2019

Hey Ollie, I remember that story too!

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 1, 2019

That's great @jndeverteuil I hadn't seen the Jira article until Ollie flagged it, I was just going through all the Trello Inspiration posts and noticed how many awesome boards there were for Wedding planning :)

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 17, 2019

A Jira Wedding, Key: Love and Wedding Planning with Trello are both amazing!

In the first story, a prospective bride and her lover used Scrum and Jira to split up a number of iterations to manage their wedding.

The latter article uses Trello to split the schedule, staffing, and more detailed tasks before the wedding, during the wedding, after the wedding.

Hope to see more examples of applying Jira/Trello and other tools to real life. Thanks for sharing!

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 17, 2019

Thanks for your kind words and for your comments and comparisons of the two articles Ollie :)

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events