Using a Trello Board as a Writing Portfolio

Inspired by @Jodi LeBlanc's e-portfolio, I decided to create my own writing portfolio in a brand new Trello board.

I'm very pleased with the result so I thought about sharing it with you. Here is how it looks like:

2019-06-13 17_53_25-.png

Currently, there are 6 lists in there:

1. About: this list contains a card with a short bio and then my main social media and contact info.
  2. Popular Articles: where I clip the articles I write on my Medium profile.
  3. Keep Productive: all the articles I write for the Keep Productive blog.
  4. Middle-earth News: I've been a Staff Reporter for this website since 2013 so I decided to clip only a selection of my articles but, at the bottom of the list, you can find a card called ALL POSTS with a link to my author page there.
  5. Page Flutter: here I pinned all the posts I've written ad a blog contributor.
  6. Other: this list is still empty but I'm planning to use it to collect links to guests posts, interviews, etc.

Another thing to notice is that I've created invisible labels (using the grey label).

2019-06-13 18_02_39-What I Learned After a Month without Instagram on Portfolio _ Trello.png

These invisible labels contain the publishing years, so I can tag posts and filter them by year if needed. This is why I opted for labels instead of Custom Fields to display the years the posts were written.

Finally, I decided to set this board as Public so I can directly share it with people if needed.

Do you use Trello for your portfolios too? I'd love to know!

P.s. To easily save the articles, I used this handy Trello Chrome extension.

7 comments

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2019

Thanks for your kind words @Alice - and I am so impressed with your portfolio!! Also, love your use of invisible labels - congrats to you and thanks so much for sharing :)

Like Alice likes this
Alice
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2019

@Jodi LeBlanc thank you so much and you're welcome, your post was very inspiring!

Like Jodi LeBlanc likes this
Tracey Smith July 11, 2019

Absolutely love this idea Alice!  I copied a link to it to my blog post planning Trello board as it's going to be a project for me to work on in the near future.  I'm currently writing for my own personal and education blog and just contributed my first "guest blog" to a ed tech website so I think having a portfolio of my writing all in one place would be very handy.  Thanks for sharing! Trello continues to be one of my favorite productivity tools. 

Like # people like this
Alice
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 12, 2019

@Tracey Smith hi Tracey!! So nice to see you here. :)

I'm so glad you found my post useful. I have to say that after trying several different platforms and websites, Trello is absolutely the best one for my online portfolio. I love that I can simply pin any new article using the Chrome extension and that each list can contain TONS of cards this way I can keep track of every single article I write instead of just the best ones.

Congrats on your collabs! Please, let me know when your portfolio will be live, I'd love to see it.

Like Carl Roodnick likes this
Carl Roodnick September 19, 2019

Thanks for making your Trello board public Alice.

This could be a solution for me to track and recall my publishing achievements and projects in progress.

Alice
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 19, 2019

@Carl Roodnick So glad you like it! I really hope you'll find it useful for your own work :)

Like Carl Roodnick likes this
Sharon Olvera July 21, 2023

What is an invisible label?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events