It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Using Trello for Job Search

I recently held a "Boosting your Personal Productivity" event and one of the participants mentioned that she wasn't currently working but wanted to get more organized in her job search. I instantly thought of the Trello Inspiration boards and how they could benefit her.

First the Job Search board that enables you to keep track of all the jobs you have searched for and your progress. An alternative is the Job Hunt board, sharing some useful tips on how to use Trello to organize your job search efforts.

job search.png

I have also found the Resume/CV Board helpful for not job those looking for a new job but for individuals to easily visualize which competencies they may want to pursue next and to help with a career plan for the future prospects. 

resume board.png

This is also a unique way to showcase your education and experience while attaching evidence of your skills as well as certifications and interests. I have a colleague who created a Trello Resume after a virtual session I gave on using Trello for Professional Branding and she uses it when she is looking for various assignments where her skills and passions align.

11 comments

Erica Moss Community Manager Sep 30, 2019

@Jodi_LeBlanc Trello. Resume. 🌟 Amazing article, per usual, Jodi!

Like Jodi_LeBlanc likes this
Jodi_LeBlanc Community Leader Sep 30, 2019

Thanks so much @Erica Moss ! :)

Like Erica Moss likes this
Sharon_Helms Community Leader Oct 01, 2019

Great ideas and inspiration, @Jodi_LeBlanc! I'll be sharing these boards with the college students I work with -- we're always looking for tools to help them succeed in their job hunt. 

Like # people like this
Jodi_LeBlanc Community Leader Oct 06, 2019

Thank you @Sharon_Helms - that's wonderful to hear! I am grateful for all the Trello Enthusiasts that created these job search inspiration boards to share with us :)

Mirek Community Leader Oct 08, 2019

Very nice! :) .. Thank you @Jodi_LeBlanc for sharing!

Like # people like this
Meg_Holbrook Community Leader Oct 08, 2019

@Jodi_LeBlanc  - thanks for always sharing awesome tidbits of Trello knowledge. I would have never thought to use the tool in a way that would map out competencies for future learning. 

Like # people like this
Jodi_LeBlanc Community Leader Oct 09, 2019

Thanks so much for your kind words @Meg_Holbrook - means so much :)

Jodi_LeBlanc Community Leader Oct 09, 2019

Thanks @Mirek - greatly appreciated! :)

Great post. Using these tips now in my search!

Jodi_LeBlanc Community Leader Oct 25, 2019

Thanks @Tony_Moreno__ATX_AUG_ I am glad you found this helpful :)

Jodi_LeBlanc Community Leader Oct 25, 2019

For those who may want to teleport to PEI in November, or those that live there - Trello PEI has a "Career Development: Tips and Tricks with Trello" event happening on November 27th. Here is the link with more details:

https://aug.atlassian.com/events/details/trello-pei-trello-events-presents-career-development-tips-and-tricks-with-trello/#/

Comment

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Trello

Develop a new Habit during Lockdown

If you had to thrive a new habit during a lockdown, what would it be? Trello

848 views 7 3
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you