How useful is Trello integration with JIRA?

Trello and Jira integration helps to better collaborate with other teams and track the progress of issues at one place. Collaborating in the workplace enables businesses to finish important projects and meet crucial deadlines efficiently.

Here, I have used an example of a product team.

There are 3 teams under Product team Development, Testing,  Maintenance. 

I have synced up Trello and Jira to achieve the below results:

1. Monitor the project roadmaps: You can track the product development in JIRA, if the company is big enough, then creating Jira accounts only for that purpose is not an optimal solution, because this way you can run out of available licenses quickly. In such cases, you can use Trello which is much friendlier for non-technical users.

TS_version4.jpg

2. Create a Board in Trello: Trello is much friendlier for non-technical users. With this tool, you can create a dedicated board to share all the information about the project. Trello is a visually attractive and customizable way to show the project’s progress and results. One can create and organize all elements as they want.

3. Task Management: Trello provided easy platforms for managing all tasks.

• Create JIRA issues from the Trello card: You can create Jira issues from Trello cards this will help the team to collaborate the work and help the team to work together towards achieving a common goal by sharing their ideas and skills. You can see the attached Jira issue's status, priority, assignee, and more.

TS_2.jpg

• Link existing JIRA issues: You can link existing Jira issues to Trello cards. This will help to reduce the replication of issues. You can see an attached Jira issue's status, priority, assignee, and more.

• How to link JIRA issues in the Trello card:

a. Open the Trello card and click on the option 'Attach a recent issue'.

b. Enter the issue number in Search an issue box.
         TS_3.jpg

c. The issue will be linked to the Trello card.
        ts_4.jpg

4. Team Collaboration

You can synchronize task of all the departments. It will provide information from all the projects like Development, Testing, Maintenance, etc.

Here, under the TEAM column, you can see the Projects card showing different teams.

I have created the cards under the various columns: Ready for Development, Development In Progress, Development Status, Maintenance Team, and Done.

TS_version4.jpg

Trello can be linked with JIRA, Bitbucket, and Confluence. Refer to this link for more details.

I hope this helps you get started with your Trello and JIRA integration!

3 comments

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2020

@Manisha Kharga _Appfire_ Really fantastic article — thanks for sharing your workflow!

Manisha Kharga _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2020

Thank you @Erica Moss !

Like Erica Moss likes this
Martin Dougiamas February 25, 2020

The only thing I'm having trouble with is getting any status changes (ie moving an issue from one column to another) to be recognised on the other side.   Is there something special to check here?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events