Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Butler badge now live!

Butler is a powerful tool that brings automation and insights to your Trello boards. We launched a Butler badge to encourage automation enthusiasts to share their knowledge and to nudge Butler newbies to give it a go.

Trello Butler badge@2x.png

To win this badge, add your favorite Butler automation to this post. Butler empowers automations big and small, and we want to hear it all! Your comment must contain screenshots* and can be about:

• How you perform simple tasks on a single board using basic functionality

• How you supercharge your Trello workflow using major automations across your entire team

• Anywhere in between!

*Bonus points if you record a video/screen capture of how you set up your Butler automations

If you haven’t used Butler before, don’t despair! Now is your chance to dive right in :). To learn how to build automations, check out these help docs.

Can’t wait to learn your Butler secrets!

11 comments

Done! I love using Butler - both professionally and personally. Excited to use new features and see what other community members come up with!

Like # people like this
Ivan Lima Community Leader Feb 01, 2021

Here's mine. Nothing sophisticated, but it makes me feel better. 😉

Like # people like this
Ollie Guan Community Leader Feb 01, 2021

Done!

Like # people like this

Hi @Bridget ,

I have completed the task for the Butler Badge.

I have commented in this post with a screenshot of the butler rule HERE

Regards,

Somyadeep

Like # people like this

Done! Posted a playlist of some Butler tutorial videos. Hope that counts! Too many screenshots to include in full :D 

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyJ6ZNQXPc4Vj7xHhcDxga9-WbHIWxtcS

Dan

Like # people like this

@Dan Ivory _Orah Apps_ HOT DAMN! I got some watching to do.... brilliant list Dan. Great job 🏆👏

Thanks very much @Andy B - PTC!! Shout if you have any questions or requests for a future video :) 

Brant Schroeder Community Leader Feb 05, 2021

Done, added my post and screenshot.

Iain Dooley Community Leader Feb 09, 2021

I know that I already got the badge by adding a comment to that post and it's not like I'm one to brag or anything BUT .... this regex made me feel like the hella sorcerer

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-questions/Trello-Butler-Negative-rules-in-trigger/qaq-p/1607156#M41959

Like # people like this
Bridget Community Manager Feb 24, 2021

Haha @Iain Dooley I like the term, "hella sorcerer" 😆

Like Iain Dooley likes this

I'm a big fan of labels triggering automation...

"Waiting" are for cards where I've asked for something from someone else. Adding the label moves the card into my Waiting list for me to check once a week.

"Admin" is for anything that I need to add to the list to discuss with my assistant during our one-on-one meeting.

"Snooze" labels are for quickly changing dates. I have "Snooze: Weekend" (sets due date to Sat at 5am), "Snooze: Tomorrow" (sets due date to tomorrow at 5am), and "Snooze: Next Week" (sets due date to the following Mon at 3am).

I use keyboard shortcuts a great deal as well, so hitting "L" when I have a card selected in a list allows me to quickly add a label with out having to click, open, etc. 

Comment

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Trello

Taco Tuesday: Your favorite Trello blog takeaway

Hello friends! From the community that brought you Welcome Wednesday, Throwback Thursday and Friday Fun, welcome to Taco Tuesday, a weekly discussion about all things Trello. The best part? One Tac...

387 views 14 12
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you