Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A new way to filter Trello cards (+ saying goodbye to the Card Aging Power-Up)

115 comments

Peter Gianokos
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 7, 2023

Does anyone have a link to use a 3rd party app that is similar? This feature is CRITICAL to our business. I can not understand why you can't continue to use this along with the new filters?

Ricardo D June 7, 2023

@Peter Gianokos There is no 3rd party app that is similar. :( 

Francis Larose June 7, 2023

Garder le power-up Card Aging est essentiel parce qu’on ne pense pas toujours à filtrer.

Trello est un logiciel fantastique qui incite à multiplier les cartes et ce power-up  Card Aging rend vraiment service pour nous obliger à faire les mises à jour.

Sarah Sangiamo
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 7, 2023

Also dissatisfied with this change. I manage a team and I want to be able to open the board and see in a quick second how many cards are on it and which ones are aged and therefore may indicate a stuck workflow. Having to click about to turn on/off a filter which removes the non-aged cards is a negative change to me. I saw the comment from an Atlassian Team Member that states you can use third party add on, some of us using this for business want to restrict our sensitive data being shared with third parties, so Atlassian expecting them to pick up all the drop accessibility options is very frustrating. 

Like # people like this
Erica Tevyaw
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
June 7, 2023

This could ultimately be a deal breaker for our company of over 1000 usage.  We handle a lot of projects throughout our entire world wide organization and this feature allows us to see, at a glance, what items our staff have not had a chance to get through and identify where we need more help.  I am very sad to see this feature go.  Is their a plan to put another powerup in place as the new filter feature does not meet our needs and follow up does that filter work for guests as well as premium members?

Like Nikita W_ likes this
Bob Gerhard June 7, 2023

Very disappointing, we relied on this feature. 

Like Nikita W_ likes this
Phoebe Gray
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
June 7, 2023

Agree, I am very sad to see this feature go.
Largest concern being, from my understanding so far, the new filter feature appears to filter the opposite way...
A view that only shows me cards that have been active in the last 1/2/3 weeks, is of zero help, I want to see the ones that haven't been active and are a concern for being lost or failing deadlines.
Hoping they reconsider!

William Chen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
June 7, 2023

We also joined the group here who is NOT happy about the removal of Card Aging functionality. The filter or 3rd party provider suggestion does NOT solve or provide a better solution than the Card Aging add-on that we are using now.

@Ellie Kulick - Please pass on the comments from everyone here to the decision makers at Atlassian / Trello Teams. 

Like # people like this
Rob Eastwood
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
June 8, 2023

Hey @atlassian, what are you doing???

Card aging != board filters

Don't shoot yourselves in the foot by removing this very critical powerup!

Like Addy Corsello likes this
Owen Bayliss
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
June 8, 2023

You're replacing a feature with something that achieves something completely different, why not just retain the power-up and provide the new functionality on top?

This is really poor.

Like Addy Corsello likes this
Erica Tevyaw
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
June 8, 2023

According to the last comment from Atlassian, we can keep this filter in place to maintain less clicks.  Not all of us have a set and forget board.  We use card aging to identify projects we havent touch in a while, automated responses that have not been updated etc.  We use all the cards not just ones that are outdated.  This new feature does not have that ability it sounds like I am going to have to toggle on and off this filter to see everything not just ones that have aged without attention.  This is the number one powerup that we promote as a 1500 + employee organization handling over 80,000 customers.  This will cripple our processes throughout the organization.  You ask us to understand but you need to understand!

@Ellie Kulick

Like # people like this
Bob Gerhard June 8, 2023

I rarely take the time to comment, but this feature is of great utility to our office staff who can quickly and easily see that a card has aged and needs attention. If there is another third-party power-up that can do this, please let us know. I also request that the power-up remain and not be retired. I showed how we use this feature for our cases to several colleagues who own businesses that do what we do in other parts of the country, and they purchased Trello and implemented this way of monitoring aging cards/cases. The sorting filter option mentioned is not yet available to try, but it seems like that will add a task in the process, and does not provide the quick "at a glance" ability to spot a card that has not been given attention. Please provide a solution to the members of your community who have relied on this excellent feature. 

Like # people like this
Lucas_Alder
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
June 8, 2023

I've been using Trello (both professionally and personally) from very early on- long before it was acquired by Atlassian.

With this change, it may be time for me to migrate to Microsoft Planner.

Like Maria Saucedo likes this
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 8, 2023

@Lucas_Alder 

Even despite this, I can assure you that Trello is so far ahead of MS Planner is is unreal.  My last company stopped using Trello and used MS Planner because it came with their O365 subscription but it was such a terrible experience.  It made me really appreciate Trello.  I have some contacts within Microsoft and even they won't recommend using Planner 

Like # people like this
Francis Larose June 9, 2023

Je suis convaincu que Trello va conserver son power-up CardAging.

Cette fonctionnalité m'apporte beaucoup : elle remplit  très bien sa fonction de tuteur qui est l'ADN de Trello (qui signifie justement tuteur).

Moi, je l'apprécie à sa juste valeur, soit énormément.

Addy Corsello
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
June 9, 2023

Man! I just started with Trello and thought that this power up was pure genius! I was so excited to use it only to find out I couldn't! So disappointed!!

Ashgar
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
June 10, 2023

The ability to see all cards in a list and judge them by inactivity is not filled by the filters proposed here. While pirate mode does look pretty bad in the dark theme, would not fixing that be a better solution here?

Mirďa
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
June 12, 2023

So if I look carefully at my boards, everything is as it should be. The extension is displayed, perhaps it is possible to add new users, and the cancellation info is not visible. IF TRELLO REALLY ANSWERED US, THANKS FOR THAT. And to everyone who contributed an opinion here. THANKS. We can already like Trello again, and from my point of view, even more so because the Trello company also takes users' opinions. Thumbs up for me.

Like # people like this
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 12, 2023

It looks like the voice of the community may have had an impact...🤞

• Last week, there was a message in the Power-up menu saying that Card Ageing was being deprecated at the end of July and that has been removed. 
  • It is still available in the Power-up directory
  • I have installed it also just did an install in a new board in a new workspace and all is good

can someone from inside confirm? @Ellie Kulick @Michael Heikka 

Like Pat Irving likes this
Francis Larose June 12, 2023

Le power-up CardAging marche bien sur mes tableaux.

Le mérite de la polémique, c’est que cela m’a fait bien comprendre sa valeur à mes yeux.

bobby
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 13, 2023

Hey, all! I'm Bobby from the Trello team.

We've added the Power-up back to the marketplace and no longer have plans to deprecate it. We were hoping to address some of the accessibility issues with the Power-up, especially with our new dark theme. We're now looking at other options to address those concerns. We recognize that the new filtering options aren't meeting your needs as a replacement. 

We're happy to see so much love for the Card Aging Power-up, and glad it's serving you well! Thanks again for engaging with us. We always appreciate hearing from you.

Like # people like this
Matt Parks June 13, 2023

@bobby __ Thank you so much for taking the time to listen to your users! I'm thrilled to be able to give my team the news that we won't need to find a replacement for Card Aging.

Like # people like this
Taryn Sage Copeland June 13, 2023

@bobby __ @Ellie Kulick Thank you to both teams for taking the time to listen to us on the matter. I myself like having an aesthetic board that looks great and put together, but I like having a board that works even more (I currently use the old theme because I cannot look at the new themes right now, they feel like they take up too much space).

Like # people like this
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 13, 2023

Thanks @bobby __ 

The community is the best tool Atlassian has to shape their roadmap around the users so I hope the incredible response to this thread can be used as lesson for future feature changes 😀 

Like # people like this
Addy Corsello
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
June 13, 2023

hip hip hooray!! @bobby __  and Team!! so glad you were able to listen to your users!!

Like # people like this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events