Question about apps needed to use webhooks

Mia Paulin April 19, 2023

@mention  I have a question.  I'm supposed to be utilizing webhook and installing the software.  Having a technical issue and support is fixing it as we speak.  I know to use webhooks, I'm suppose to implement a connect app.  I also know that in order to implement a connect app I need a descriptor app.  I have an abstraction of a descriptor app that I'm working on and already read the documentation.  While I wait on the issue with my portal to be fixed, should I go ahead and start the descriptor app solution, so I can create my connect app? Then, when I'm able to install my Webhooks integration I can just use the creates software?  I know the descriptor app is needed to connect my connector app(I could be wording it wrong, I have to reread it) to the Atlassian app(instance), and the connector app is supposed to be used with the webhook software.  So, should I work on the descriptor app?

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
David Bakkers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2023

More nonsense.

Is it just me, or does anyone else get the feeling this content is being generated by an AI bot using a library of abstract words scraped from the devs forums?

Have a look at this thread. The bot provides an uncorrelated response to a question, then asks questions to be given more information. When given a limited response, it tries to keep the conversation going by cuing another unrelated topic (picking a colour). Based on a response, it starts generating random content relatively close to that topic, the interior colour schemes of cars, and mixes in some random words from the previous topic to make it seem relevant.

Once you get used to seeing bots getting into absurd, illogical topics like this, it gets easier to spot them being trained on public discussion forums.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events