Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a card with a due date from an email to Trello, is it possible?

Alicia Filíu Birlanga
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 26, 2022

Hello everyone!

I have a question about sending emails to Trello to create a card. 

I know how to auto-label, how to auto-assign a member, but, is it possible put something to a due date appears in the card? 

It would be so useful for a project of my client right now. 

Thank you in advance!

Alicia. 

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 28, 2022

@Alicia Filíu Birlanga heya! you can assign due dates via automation as well - just depends on the criteria you're looking for. For instance, I have a rule in one of my boards that assigns a due today of 2 weeks from when the card is created (if it doesn't have a due date already).

(Automation/Butler is actually down at the moment so can't take a screenshot, but its the "when a card is added to the board" trigger, and then "set a due date 14 days from now" action).

Alicia Filíu Birlanga
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 29, 2022

Hi @Brittany Joiner ! Thank you, it is a good solution for some emails. But the question is if it was possible something more especific, an especific due date. 

For example, to assign a label I write in the subject #label.... And I wonder if there is something to write in the subject so the card created have an specific due date (something like "{duedate}...." 

I don't know if I am explaining well! 😅

Thank you anyway because your solution is a good option too for other things I need. 

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 30, 2022

@Alicia Filíu Birlanga yes! You are exactly right - you want can do {cardduedate} (see more butler variables here). But it sounds you want to CREATE a due date, rather than reference the due date. And in that case, check out this rule - that looks for a date in the title and sets the due date of the card: 

image.png

Like # people like this
Alicia Filíu Birlanga
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 3, 2022

@Brittany Joiner have I told you that I love you????? Thank you so much!!! I had the solution so near, and I did't find it!!! 

Thank you!!!!

Like Brittany Joiner likes this
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 3, 2022

@Alicia Filíu Birlanga happy to help!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events