Using Atlassian Team Playbook for change management

Ben Thoma
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 10, 2020

Are you looking to…

• Learn how to choose Plays that facilitate change?

• Identify Plays that work best for distributed teams?

• Explore best practices from an experienced facilitator?

Use this page to ask questions about how to use Atlassian Team Playbook for change management.

This discussion is continued from a live session at Training Day 2020. Registration is not required to join this discussion.

3 comments

Comment

Martin LALONDE November 12, 2020

It was very intresting to learn about the playbooks, I will share this with my manager and see if we can integrate this into our team. Thank you very much

Like # people like this
Lauren Pennisi November 12, 2020

Christina is supposed to send us a link to Better Retros template (Confluence).

Like # people like this
Christine P_ Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 12, 2020

Hi @Lauren Pennisi - I went to look for the public plug-in link and it looks like it's only available for some Confluence instances. I'm sorry! This is a big disappointment for me as well.

However, I didn't want to leave you empty-handed. Here are other suggestions of bringing data on the same platform.

It's the same as what I described during the session where like-minded insights are combined into one item. But, grouping like-minded Trello cards within the same list could be a tidy way to look at volume of similar cards. Or even, adding labels to similar feedback by setting up types of feedback with labels prior to collecting feedback, is another way to quickly show how much of one kind of feedback you get overtime.

Thank you for your question during the session and if/when Better Retros becomes publicly available for everyone, I'll come back here and tag you with the plug-in link!

Like # people like this
Lauren Pennisi November 13, 2020

@Christine P_ Dela Rosa  Thank you so much for following up! I will experiment with your Trello suggestions. That's the biggest concern I have with retros--regardless of the template I'm using--is having a tool to aggregate the topics so that I can see trends or share solutions to common problems.

Yes, please keep me posted on future use of Better Retros.

Like Christine P_ Dela Rosa likes this
Christine P_ Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
November 14, 2020

Thanks for the feedback, @Lauren Pennisi. For posterity, I'm cc-ing @Becky Rubenstein, our Team Playbook Lead to flag that this is an area of interest for you (and others).

Malka November 23, 2020

I also came here looking for the better retro play after being told about it as an answer to my question on training day. I even put in a service ticket to find it. 😄 Do we know when it will be available more widely?

Christine P_ Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
November 23, 2020

At this time, it is not available widely and may not be. Since retros are more urgent than that, take a look at my Nov 12 post to see if any of those ideas are worth trying, @Malka ! I'd be interested to hear what you think :)

Ben Thoma
Atlassian Team
November 24, 2020

@Mal I also wanted to offer up these resources regarding better retros: 

1. I recently heard the suggestion, "Add a 'thank you' area/list/spot in your retro." We recently did this (ironically at our Training Day retrospective) and it made for some uplifting messages. Additionally, it kept folks focused on the retro if they has finished their contribution to Start/Stop/Continue (or similar) areas.
  2. 9 retrospective techniques that won’t bore your team to death (Work Life blog)
  3. 5 fun sprint retrospective ideas with templates (Work Life blog)
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events