Managing Permissions in Jira for Cloud [Atlassian University Live webinar]

Ben Thoma
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 3, 2021

AtlassianUniveristyLive-PermissionsJiraCloud-1280x500.png

As part of an ongoing series, Atlassian University offered this free webinar to strengthen your Atlassian product skills and learn directly from Atlassian experts.

Permissions are a vital part of Jira administration and something anyone who is involved in administrating a Jira site must understand. In this webinar, we provide an overview of the new Permissions in Jira for Cloud Skillbuilder—a course with an in-depth look at permissions.

Together we:

• explore permissions at the organization, site, and project level
  • consider interrelated Jira permissions
  • cover use cases and scenarios

This webinar is intended for Jira Cloud Administrators, Jira Cloud Project Administrators, and users who want to know more about how permissions are handled in Jira Cloud. It’s especially useful for anyone preparing for a Jira Certification.

Click here to watch the on demand recording and use the comments below to ask @Emma Rush _T_D_ or @Joanna Thurmann more questions.

8 comments

Comment

G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 4, 2021

Thank you @Ben Thoma , awesome topic and timing of the event. I will publish this webinar to my chapter members who are interested in upskill and exploring.

From this webinar, I would like to explore, upskill, refresh the Jira permissions, schemes, use cases that shows how to work with permissions schemes.

Like # people like this
Ben Thoma
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 5, 2021

@G subramanyam Gotcha: Let’s make sure @Emma Rush _T_D_ sees this as she plans the content. Thanks for sharing!

Like # people like this
Linda Milne_Togetha Group_
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
September 5, 2021

Is this going to be recorded for those who will be in bed at this time? Should I still register?

Ben Thoma
Atlassian Team
September 5, 2021

@Linda Milne_Togetha Group_ Thanks for asking one of my favorite questions.

Yes! We will be recording, and we will send a recording link to everyone who registers 24 hours after the event. So, go ahead and register!

Plus, we’ll continue to use this discussion thread to ask and answer questions after the event.

Like # people like this
Linda Milne_Togetha Group_
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
September 5, 2021

Thanks @Ben Thoma  :)

Like Ben Thoma likes this
Jose Luis Gaitan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 12, 2021

Thanks, @Ben Thoma and @Emma Rush [T&D].  I'd like to enroll this course because I'd like to know more of Jira Administration (I'd like to be cerfified soon) and because I want to have the capabilities of helping other people with Jira too.

Thankyou in advance

Like # people like this
Deepthi Rao September 14, 2021

Thanks for scheduling this important topic. Am a new Jira user and a Jira Admin. This would be very helpful as it will provide more information that's helpful for certification. 

I would look forward for the recording, as am based out of Sydney and timings is not suitable.

Regards,

Deepthi

Like Joanna Thurmann likes this
Daniel Valderrama September 20, 2021

So good

Joanna Thurmann
Atlassian Team
September 21, 2021

Note that we pasted the wrong link regarding UI changes to the Atlassian Admin Hub. The correct link is : User management for cloud admins just got easier (Jan 2021).

If you are uncertain if you have the new or previous UI, check out the top of a documentation page, such as this one: Give users admin permissions 

Joanna Thurmann
Atlassian Team
September 21, 2021

Some folks asked about issue-level security. Here are 2 good links:

carlos_marin - ENTELGY -
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2021

@Joanna Thurmann @Ben Thoma  @Emma Rush _T_D_ 

you delived via email the recording of the webminar.

Could you share with us the slides used during the webminar?

Best regards,

Joanna Thurmann
Atlassian Team
October 5, 2021

@carlos_marin - ENTELGY - We don't share the slides from the webinar, because they are just a few of the slides from the Permissions in Jira for Cloud Skillbuilder -- and you can enroll for free. So you get those same webinar slides AND MORE :-)

Like Ben Thoma likes this
Pamela Barrett October 14, 2021

What is the learning path for an Atlasssian Certifier Instructor? 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events