Atlassian Certifications

Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 1, 2018

Hey everyone!

Let's chat atlassian certifications! 

I am curious on how everyone else prepared for the exams? And how long you were actively using or administering Jira or Confluence. How long did you give yourself to prepare before you took the exam. 

I had a test instance stood up to poke around and do some of the use cases from the Jira admin & Agile exam and same for Confluence. 

Any other tips or tricks that helped you? 

10 comments

Comment

zack
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2018

I got a lot out of the training available for each certification. The quizzes/sample questions were great for getting used to the types of questions that were on the exams. The thing I liked most about the sample questions though was the thorough explanations of why the right answers were right, but more importantly, why the wrong answers were wrong. 

I've been using Jira/Confluence for around 5 years, but the bulk of my experience has been on the server versions of the applications. Having a cloud instance to play around in was helpful when considering the differences between the platforms.

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2018

I have been using Atlassian Tools for almost 5 years.

For the AC-600 I organized myself by creating a Trello board to track my progress. I had 20 days to get ready and take the test.

I studied the topics that should be covered for the test then requested an account from Atlassian for my labs.

For the ACP-100 I am planning a different approach this time. I will definitely use Trello to track my progress again and work hard on some topics that I missed on my previous attempt.

I also have a personal Confluence cloud account where I have a page dedicated to prepare for my exam. For each topic I have links that had some valuable information so that they are easy to find when I start reviewing.

Kimberly Deal _Columbus ACE_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 2, 2018
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 3, 2018

When I took the ACP-100 and shortly after the ACP-200 I've been using/administering the tools for maybe 4 years. I had three days of intense preparation for each exam, working through all objectives and walking through the documentation and the tool to fill objectives with content/knowledge. Also testing happened a lot. So a real deep dive and it worked. Maybe don't try to force the preparation into 3 days with 12 hours each. ;)

Sridhar Gandla May 20, 2018

Is there still ACP-600 Can be taken as Beta (For free?).    I missed the opportuity in the race of 200 lucky people out there.   

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 20, 2018

Hi Sridhar, the certification is not available for free anymore, but luckily it is cheaper than the other available ACPs and only costs 100USD. :)

Sridhar Gandla May 20, 2018

Thanks .. Appreciate your quick response

edwin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2018

The admin guides helped a lot

JIRA Administrator's Guide / Confluence Administrator's Guide

also setting up the case studies.

LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 15, 2018

One of the most effective study methods for me was to work with other certification seekers as a team. We each helped gather the necessary study materials and taught each other the things that each of us knew.  Having study partners who know about those things where you are weak and can show you how those particular features work was a huge help.  Our study groups also collaborated to publish "study guides" we then were able to share with others in our community.  Yay teams!

pankaj awghad August 30, 2018

Hello Guys, I am curious if we have Atlassian certification for Bamboo tool ? can any one please help me in that direction.

pankaj awghad August 30, 2018

Actually I didn't find any certification for Atlasssian Bamboo tool.

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 30, 2018

Hi Pankaj,

you're right. Currently there is no certification for Bamboo and I'm not aware of any plans to offer one BUT that doesn't have to mean anything. The team from Atlassian University will be on Summit next week and as I will spend some time with them I take your question with me. So maybe I can provide some additional information next week. Best, Max

pankaj awghad August 31, 2018

Thanks a lot Max, please try to get that info, that would be nice. 

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 11, 2018

Hi Pankaj,

so as promised I got an answer from the certification team for you. Atlassian does not have dev tools certifications on the roadmap for this year but they'd be interested to hear more about the demand for a certification in this area -- specifically, for which team members would you like to see a certification? Best, Max

Kimberly Deal _Columbus ACE_
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 11, 2018

Thanks for checking in and reporting back on this question @Max Foerster - K15t 

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 11, 2018

You're welcome, I'm here to help. :) It's just a small team working on cert stuff and if questions come up, I'm happy to answer them (or try to get information). And if there's any feedback in regards to certifications or an demand for it as said above, I'm also happy to gather that and forward it.

LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 29, 2018

Hi @Max Foerster - K15t - thanks for carrying the torch!

I would like to see the Cert team add JiraOps to their list.  I played with the tool for an afternoon last week and between JiraOps, OpsGenie, Slack, and StatusPage, I believe there's plenty of material for an exam.

Cheers!

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 30, 2018

Hi @LarryBrock,

thank you, always try to be of help. ;) About Jira Ops, I'll take this with me when I see the guys again in November but just a short comment about that. My gut feeling is that it's quite early to talk about a certification for Jira Ops at all. There are so many things to take into consideration like Jira Ops being only a project template and on Cloud (at the moment? who knows),  and not being officially released until early 2019, the need for integrating other tools as well etc. So yeah, let's first see what the future brings! :) But thanks for your thoughts.

Anil Kumar October 28, 2018

@AlL Can anyone please share ACP-100, practice portal please.

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 30, 2018

Hi @Anil Kumar,

could you please explain in more detail what you're asking for? :)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events