Atlassian Certification Success Panel [Atlassian University Live webinar]

Ben Thoma
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 24, 2021

CORP-3-Atlassian-University-Live-Webinars-Zoom-Banner-1280x400-v2.png

As part of an ongoing series, Atlassian University offered this free webinar to strengthen your Atlassian product skills and learn directly from Atlassian experts.

Together, we learned from professionals who have studied for—and passed—an Atlassian Certification. We heard from @Joanna Thurmann @Jimmy Seddon, and @Hana Kučerová about how they did it and what it’s done for their career. This was intended for all Jira Cloud, Data Center, or Server administrators and project administrators.

Watch the webinar on demand and use the comments below to ask more questions of the panel.

Certification Success Panel - Zoom Banner.png

10 comments

Comment

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2021

Thank you @Ben Thoma!  I'm looking forward to being a part of this event!

Like # people like this
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 25, 2021

Me too :-)! Thank you @Ben Thoma !

Like # people like this
Joanna Thurmann
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 25, 2021

Me, three. :-)

Like # people like this
James Chan October 21, 2021
Meeting 98081093831 is not found or has expired. (3,001) :( 
Jaime Netzer
Atlassian Team
January 10, 2023
Like Ivonne Terrero likes this
Syed March 25, 2021

Thanks @Ben Thoma Interested in ACP-620 but there are not enough practice questions as compare to other industry certifications.

Like # people like this
Joanna Thurmann
Atlassian Team
March 25, 2021

@Syed I hope you're aware of the Certification Accelerator Experience at Team 21. ACP-620 is one of the exams and there will be plenty of sample questions as part of the experience.

Like # people like this
shrawan phuyal April 6, 2021

My company needs a silver partnership and so we need an individual with 2 certifications (me). I only have a couple of months of experience with Jira as an Allround administrator - I have tried and failed the ACP-620 exam but I think I will succeed next attempt. What certificate would you recommend to me after the ACP-620? Do you have an internal release date for ACP-620 yet?

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 6, 2021

Hey @shrawan phuyal!

I'll let @Ben Thoma or @Joanna Thurmann speak to internal release dates, but I'm pretty sure ACP-620 is a live exam now.  Did you mean something else?

As for recommendations, that one is a little tricky.  I took the ACP-600 a year before taking the ACP-620 so I found it to be not too difficult as "most" of the topic were similar.  The ACP-120 I found to be more challenging than the ACP-620 (just my opinion).  If you need to earn a certification in addition to the ACP-620.  I think the ACP-120 and ACP-100 are your only options currently.

I'd recommend trying to get into the ACP-100 or ACP-120 Certification Accelerator program.  That will give you access to material, sample questions & study mates.

I hope that helps!

-Jimmy

Like Joanna Thurmann likes this
Joanna Thurmann
Atlassian Team
April 6, 2021

@Amina CHAYEB I agree with Jimmy above; the ACP-620 is already available. With respect to other certifications, here is a good page to review https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Training-Certification-articles/Looking-ahead-to-new-Certifications-and-Badges-in-2021/ba-p/1624679

Like # people like this
Amina CHAYEB April 6, 2021

Hi,

Inormation provided at The webinar was very usefull, but still have a  question : there is no exam center in my region, can I pass online exam on July, how much time will online exam keepl available?

Thank you,

Amina

Like Ben Thoma likes this
Julia
Atlassian Team
April 6, 2021

Hi Amina, we intent to keep online exams available for the foreseeable future.

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 6, 2021

Hi @Amina CHAYEB!

@Ben Thoma or @Joanna Thurmann may know differently, but as far as I know, the online exam option is always going to be available.

I'm in a similar situation that you are.  There is a testing centre in my region but due to COVID it is closed and has been for about a year now.

When you go to book an exam online you will be asked to select a date.  As long as there is a time slot available for the day and time in July you are looking to take an exam, you should be able to book something.

I hope that helps!

-Jimmy

Like # people like this
Gaurav
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 14, 2021

Hello,

Though I could not attend the webinar but would like to join the Certification Accelerator Experience for ACP-120 which I intend to take in June'21.

Please let me know if this is possible and also the process and requirements for the same.

Thanks in advance.

-Gaurav

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 14, 2021

Hello @Gaurav!

You would bee to register for the CAE: https://events.atlassian.com/university_certification_accelerator_experience#Registration

However, the groups for the June certification are starting to populate now so I don't know if there is any space left.

@Ben Thoma are you able to comment on that?

Like Gaurav likes this
Gaurav
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 14, 2021

Hello @Jimmy Seddon

Thanks for the quick response. Just wanted to understand another thing, is this independent of my pass for the Team'21 event?

Thanks in advance.

-Gaurav

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 14, 2021

Hi @Gaurav,

Yes it is, completely different sign up, they are just being presented by Atlassian at the same time.

Thanks!

-Jimmy

Like Gaurav likes this
Ben Thoma
Atlassian Team
April 14, 2021

@Gaurav It's still possible to register for a June cohort, but the window is closing, as the group's study starts next week. Click here to add the Certification Accelerator Experience to Team '21. A follow up email will be sent to you for completing the CAE registration.

cc @Jimmy Seddon 

Like # people like this
Gaurav
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 14, 2021

Hello @Jimmy Seddon , @Ben Thoma

I registered about 12 hours ago for the June cohort but have not yet received any email on my business or personal mail id. Do I need to register again? 

I can push my certification to July if the June cohort is full and not accepting any further nominations.

Please share your feedback.

Thanks in advance.

-Gaurav

Ben Thoma
Atlassian Team
April 16, 2021

@Gaurav You were probably pretty close to the deadline, so let me check.

Ben Thoma
Atlassian Team
April 16, 2021

@Gaurav I just checked and looks like you made it just in time! You should have an email in your inbox to join the June study group.

Like Gaurav likes this
Gaurav
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 19, 2021

Thanks for checking @Ben Thomait seems I just made it in the nick of time. I have registered and joined the group now. 

Linda Milne_Togetha Group_
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
April 14, 2021

Great information guys. Thank you.

Like # people like this
Gökçe Gürsel {Appfire}
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 19, 2021

Hi @Ben Thoma ,

Awesome webinar! Touched on really important points.

On a related note, I've registered for the ACP-100 Jira administration for Data Center and Servers June Cohort, got the email but my request to join the group hasn't approved yet. IS there an additional process that needs to be completed?

My second question is I also want to join the July cohort for Cloud Admin cert., however, I couldn't see the option to enroll in this. Can I join two study groups.?

Thanks,

Gökçe

Ben Thoma
Atlassian Team
April 19, 2021

@Gökçe Gürsel {Appfire} Awesome! We're admitting people to study groups every day, so let me know if you're not in by tomorrow!

Gökçe Gürsel {Appfire}
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 20, 2021

Hi @Ben Thoma ,

I've got access a yesterday evening. Thank you so much. 

I'm so excited to be a part of this experience!

Best,

Gökçe

Gaurav
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 19, 2021

Hello @Jimmy Seddon , @Ben Thoma ,

I am trying to register for the July cohort for ACP-620 but the system is not taking my professional email id stating it has already been used. Hence, I registered using my personal id.

Is it possible to join both the cohorts for different certifications? If yes, kindly help me for registering to the ACP-620 cohort.

Thanks in advance.

-Gaurav

Gaurav
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 22, 2021

Hello @Jimmy Seddon @Ben Thoma 

Kindly share your inputs on this.

Thanks in advance.

-Gaurav

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 22, 2021

Hi @Gaurav,

I unfortunately don't have any insight into Atlassian's registration system for the Accelerator program.  @Julia  are you able to provide any assistance here?

Julia
Atlassian Team
April 22, 2021

I will need to defer to @Ben Thoma  for this question...

Ben Thoma
Atlassian Team
April 23, 2021

@Gaurav We are currently only permitting enrollment in either the June or July cohorts, not both. The two groups timelines overlap and we want to make sure everyone is focused on just one Certification at a time. (Joining multiple may be an option if we continue this type of experience in the future.)

cc @Julia @Jimmy Seddon 

James Chan October 21, 2021
Looks like this 'zoom meeting' link is expired.
Meeting 98081093831 is not found or has expired. (3,001)
Like # people like this
Jaime Netzer
Atlassian Team
January 26, 2022

Hi @James Chan thanks for letting us know! We are working on getting these up on our website ASAP; I will ping you here once it's live.

Jaime Netzer
Atlassian Team
January 10, 2023
Guro October 21, 2021

Hi, attended  Team 2021 with a all access pass type, it stod there that we would get a  50% off discount code for future Atlassian University Training Course, where can I get that code?

I am planning to take ACP-100, and want to do some of the courses first, any suggestion which one?

Like James Chan likes this
Julia
Atlassian Team
October 22, 2021

Hello @Guro , regarding your question about the discount code, I suggest you submit a support ticket to Atlassian.

To prepare for ACP-100, visit this page: https://university.atlassian.com/student/page/837225-acp-100-jira-administration-for-data-center-and-server-exam

Free Skillbuilder Courses

Like Guro likes this
Janelle Cashmere January 9, 2023

Are we still able to watch this webinar? I get an error when clicking on the link that the Meeting is not found or has expired. (3,001)

Jaime Netzer
Atlassian Team
January 10, 2023
Like # people like this
Janelle Cashmere January 10, 2023

Thanks Jaime!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events