Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is diff bw ACP 610 & ACP 620?

Saurav Saxena November 21, 2021

I'm a project manager and was looking for ACP 600. But now the ACP 600 has been retired. So now I've two options: ACP 610 & ACP 620. How to decide which one I need to choose?

4 answers

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 21, 2021

Hi @Saurav Saxena,

The ACP-610 is designed for people who are using Server/Data Center.  While the ACP-620 is meant for those on Cloud.

I hope that helps!

-Jimmy

Saurav Saxena November 22, 2021

I want to go for certification which can be used across the organisations. How I can decide this that I need to go for Data center or cloud?

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 22, 2021

@Saurav Saxena I would start with what your current company is using.  Either Jira Cloud or Jira Server/Data Center.  As you will have better success of passing the certification exam for what you are most familiar with (based on what you are using day to day).  If you then want to try and also obtain the certification for the other deployment method that is up to you.

For reference ACP-610 replaces the ACP-600, but that is only because there were no Cloud certifications at the time the ACP-600 was first introduced.

I hope that helps you decide.

-Jimmy

Like Narla Malasree likes this

Thanks @Jimmy Seddon

This would be really helpful.

I want to implement JIRA in my organisation. So if you can also tell what is the preferable option for the organisations. Also, how the JIRA would be different on the basis of cloud or data center for a project manager.

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 22, 2021

@Saurav Saxena I'm going to start by saying that if you aren't currently using Jira you should not be considering an certifications at this time.  Atlassian recommends about a year of experience using the products before attempting the certifications.

Which route to go depends on your company and may be a better question for the New to Jira group, but I'll try to give you some pointers here (at a VERY high level).

- Data Center is for companies that need to control when they upgrade and where their data is stored.

- Cloud is best for companies that don't that to have to maintain infrastructure for Jira or worry about  upgrades.  Are comfortable with regular feature changes and want Jira to be accessible for users from anywhere.

I hope that helps!

-Jimmy

0 votes
chen donghua August 16, 2023

Hi, The ACP-610 and ACP-620 exams are related to Jira, an issue and project tracking software developed by Atlassian. Here's the general difference between the two sets of exams:

ACP-610: Managing Jira Projects for Data Center and Server
This certification is focused on Jira deployments that use the Data Center or Server versions of the software. These versions are typically installed and managed on-premises or within a private network. The exam covers topics related to configuring, administering, and managing Jira projects and instances in a Data Center or Server environment. It might include areas such as user management, project setup, workflow configuration, customization, permissions, security, and integrations. This certification is suitable for individuals who work with Jira in a self-hosted environment.

ACP-620: Managing Jira Cloud Projects
This certification is centered around Jira Cloud, which is the cloud-hosted version of Jira offered by Atlassian. The exam focuses on managing Jira projects and instances within the cloud environment. Topics covered might include creating and configuring projects, setting up workflows, managing users and permissions, using built-in integrations, and understanding the specific features and limitations of Jira Cloud. This certification is intended for individuals who work with Jira in a cloud-based environment. 

Share some onlline ACP-610 and ACP-620 exam questions with you. 

0 votes
Aradhana Gupta
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 6, 2022

ACP 610 and 620- both test your knowledge of JIRA as a Project Administrator. 

One on Cloud instance on JIRA and the other on the Data Center version.

The topics covered under examination are also identical.. just cloud has more sections like Automations etc. 

Best of Luck :)

0 votes
Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 21, 2021

Hi @Saurav Saxena 

The ACP-610 is designed for Project Administration for Datacenter and The ACP- 620 is designed to Managing Jira Cloud Projects.

Regards,

Mayur

Thanks Mayur.

Can you please elaborate difference bw Project Administration and Managing project?

Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 22, 2021

Hi @Saurav Saxena 

Both certification is same like both are for the Jira Project Admin only. The only difference is ACP- 610 Is for Datacenter and ACP-620 is for cloud.

In ACP-620 you have few new topics.

Regards,

Mayur

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events