Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Certifications and Badges

elkrivertom December 20, 2017

I'm looking to plan out my Atlassian Certification route. I current hold ACP-100 and ACP-400 certs. My ACP-100 expires in July '18. I'm looking to take the Advanced JIRA workflows Certified Badge exam to extend my ACP-100 by 18 months. My understanding is that will also extend my ACP-400 by 18 months as well. 

My question is if, if I have the Advanced JIRA workflows badge and later get my ACP-300, is it only good for 18 months or do I get 3 years on it?

Another example of this is I have the JSD cert (ACP-400). I want to get the Confluence (ACP-500) cert as well. JSD has a planned badge called "Documentation and Knowledge Base". When that comes out and I pass it, my JSD cert will extend out 18 months. If I later get my Confluence (ACP-500) will that only be good for 18 month or 3 years?

If it is only good for 18 months and I already have the badge doesn't that limit my options to extend it?

2 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

3 votes
Answer accepted
Julia
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 20, 2017

Hi Tom,

A Badge will extend only related ACPs. So the Confluence Badges extend only the Confluence ACP.  Jira Badges typically extend multiple ACPs.  A Badge will not extend an ACP that you earn after earning the Badge.

Atlassian will continue to develop and release Badge titles, so we don't expect you to bump up against limits on titles available. 

Certification Website

Each Badge's web page has a section called "Timing Your Badge", with this information:

Plan your Badge activities carefully with these considerations:

• Your Badge will extend only the Certifications you already hold.
  • Your Badge extends your related Certifications by 24 months from the Badge earned date, providing you earn it before the Suspension Date of your Certifications.
  • You can still earn a Badge during the 90-day Suspension period.
  • After the Suspension period ends and your Certification expires, you can no longer extend it with a Badge. 
  • To keep your Badges active, simply earn any other new Badge.

Please let us know if you have further questions!

Thank you Julia for the response. I have to confess  I did not fully read those lines. I made an assumption that it was a full 18 month extension on the original cert date. 

I also understand that the badges only apply to the certs they are associated with. However, based on the chart there is quite a bit of cross over between the badges and the certs. That is what started to confuse me.

Thanks again for your answer.

Tom

1 vote
miikhy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2017

Hi Tom,

As stated in Certification Policies (https://www.atlassian.com/university/certification/policies) the extension of 18 months is for related badges which means that a Confluence badge extends Confluence related badges. I guess that the JSD Documentation badge will extend Jira related badges.

You can check what are the related badges at the bottom of each badge description page (e.g. https://www.atlassian.com/university/certification/certifications/exam-acp-300).

To sum it up, I'd say that there are different certification paths and you'll have to maintain each path individually (product oriented).

Hope this helps!

Micky,

Thanks for replying. I have read the policies but they are not very clear as it pertains to my question. The issue is each badge covers more than one ACP.  Based on the text from the polices:

• Every Atlassian Badge you earn extends the Active period of the related ACP Certification(s) by 18 months from the Badge completion date.

From my understanding each badge you get will extend all your ACPs by 18 months. What is not clear is if you get an additional ACP after you have that badge is the ACP good for the initial 18 months or does it automatically jump to 3 years (ACP + associated Badge).

Julia
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 8, 2018

Hi Tom, Your Badge will extend only the Certifications you already hold.

Like Brent Long likes this
Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 23, 2019

@elkrivertom @Julia

@miikhy 

i am getting this message "Your cart contains voucher only exams. Please enter your voucher code to proceed." can you help in this?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events