ACP-600 and partnership

Roberto_Vargas_Hernandez June 6, 2018

Is the brand new ACP-600 Certification valid for partnership with Atlassian?

For the silver level you need 1 person with Atlassian Sales Professional Accreditation and another with Atlassian Technical Sales Professional Accreditation.

For example can i have a person with ACP-200 and ACP-600 for Sales and another with ACP-300 and ACP-600 for Technical Sales?

Does this cover the requirementes?

7 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

3 votes
Answer accepted
Julia
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 6, 2018

AC-JPA Atlassian Certified in Jira Project Administration DOES meet one of your 2 technical certification requirements for the Technical Sales Accreditation.

Akbar N April 16, 2019

@Julia Hi Julia - Like the other ACP certifications, is there any validity associated with ACP-600 Certification? Meaning do I need to take any badges or other certificate to retain the validation? 

How long the ACP-600 is valid once i have completed this certification. 

Julia
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 16, 2019

Hi @Akbar N , the AC-JPA certification is valid for 18 months. We'll be releasing the first Skills Badge to extend the Project Admin certification in May: a recorded webinar about Customizing Workflows.   

To extend your certification, watch the free webinar, then purchase and take the online quiz.  It will be in your interest to pass the quiz at a time closer to the end of your original 18 month validity period, since the badge extends the certification from the date you pass the quiz.  You can watch and re-watch the free webinar at any time.

Like # people like this
Akbar N April 16, 2019

Awesome thanks for the details. Like for the other certification the information related to maintaining validity is not mentioned in the certification page - https://www.atlassian.com/university/certification. That's the reason for my question and now i'm clear :-)

2 votes
Nulsen Lee March 10, 2019

Have passed the exam the second time but i'd say even for the resit is not easy. Some questions are the same but majority of them are different.

Fredy Dharma Kusumah August 17, 2019

Was it more difficult then?

2 votes
Jay Yang February 25, 2019

so i just passed last sun. the first time i took in aug 2018. since then i have had some experience administering projects on jira software and that experience really helped me to understand the concepts better in acp-600. i guess my learning style needs some hands on to really understand concepts instead of just reading from the documentation

1 vote
Rathna October 20, 2018

Hi Guys,

Any Atlassian Cert is designed to be challenging. With that said the Agreement that you get into with Atlassian before you take any of their certifications is that you stand by your word that you will not disclose any information about any questions which is used in their Certs.

I would like to say that Atlassian is doing a very great job of using real-world scenarios and not questions as other companies are doing in their certs such as Oracle, Microsoft, Cisco, etc.

Kudos to Atlassian.

0 votes
Olga Videc
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 30, 2019

Hello @Julia 

Question

If I pass ACP-100 and ACP - 600 does that qualify my company for atlassian partner?

What else is required?

Thanks, 

Julia
Atlassian Team
May 2, 2019

Hello @Olga Videc , to inquire about the requirements to become an Atlassian Solution Partner, please visit https://www.atlassian.com/partners/join.

Like Olga Videc likes this
0 votes
Sridhar G October 21, 2018

I also failed ACP-600 exam failed twice. 2nd time, I got close to 60% and need more to get pass.  It is really challanging.. Really need to understand many topics as project Admin.

Nulsen Lee February 11, 2019

Sadly, i also failed my exam even though i studied hard for it. Do you know if the exam questions are exactly the same the 2nd time? Just don't wanna waste another USD$100.

Roberto_Vargas_Hernandez February 11, 2019

Sorry to hear that @Nulsen Lee if i have to guest i would say questions are very similar in each exam.

Fredy Dharma Kusumah August 17, 2019

@Nulsen Lee How's ur second exam..Next week I'll take my 2nd exam also...Did the have  the same questions as the 1st?

0 votes
Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 6, 2018

I hope so! I have my ACP-600 exam next week.

Aaron Price July 13, 2018

It's a nightmare. I've failed it twice. Once with 55% and once with 60%. I've been an admin for years and used all the training materials. I'm trying to get my money back since as far as I can tell the test is designed to fail people, not test their knowledge. 

Like # people like this
Roberto_Vargas_Hernandez July 14, 2018

Hi, a friend of mine take it about 15 days ago, he pass with 84, but the guy has spend the last 6 years being a Jira and JSD admin.

Im taking the ACP-600 at the end of this month, i keep you posted.

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 15, 2018

I passed but found it challenging. It has scared me about the amount of prep needed for my next certification.

Jay Yang August 12, 2018

hi any tips for passing acp-600? am taking it this week but have no relevant real world experience

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
August 13, 2018

Spend some time understanding the default reports and when you would use them. Make sure you understand the less frequently used JQL options. These are two areas where I lost a lot of my marks. 

Like # people like this
Roberto_Vargas_Hernandez August 13, 2018

Yes Jay, study the course and practice in a test enviroment.

And always keep in mind that you are NOT a Jira Admin or SysAdmin, this is very important when selecting the answer in the test, many options will acomplish the requirement but you always need to look for the one you can do with Projet Admin privileges.

Like # people like this
Jay Yang August 13, 2018

thank you Kat and Roberto for your advice! Is real world experience important for taking the exam?

Manisha Katram August 23, 2018

Hey Jay, did you pass the exam? Did you find it difficult since you didn't have the real world experience? @Jay Yang

Roberto_Vargas_Hernandez August 23, 2018

Side note:

I take ACP-300 and ACP-600

Weird thing i pass ACP-300 and fail ACP-600

Like Solomon David Cherian likes this
Jay Yang August 23, 2018

hi @Manisha no i failed. it was difficult as most questions are real world scenarios. there were total 68 qns to be completed in 3 hours. the key is to study what project admin can do and cannot do

Like # people like this
Manisha Katram August 28, 2018

Hello Everyone, I took my ACP-600 and failed. For someone who only had approximately a month of experience with Jira, I think I did okay. I want to retake it and pass it this time. Since most of the questions are real world scenarios, I found it a bit difficult but not that bad.

I wanted to ask the people who passed or failed, is anyone willing to make like a sample questions for this exam and provide it for me? I know the course has sample questions but I found those easier than the exam questions. I thought it would be nice to have more than 8 questions to practice with. If this is something someone is willing to take up on, please let me know!

Like # people like this
Jay Yang August 28, 2018

i agree that it will be nice if we have more sample qns for users who have relatively little experience administering jira

Faisal Shamim December 4, 2018

Hi,

I have booked exam for ACP-600 for 14th Dec, 2018 , any tips for exams to pass?

Thanks in advance

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
December 4, 2018

Make sure you understand what a project administrator can and cannot change. Watch the on demand webinar The top secrets to success for Project Administration in Jira Server.

Like # people like this
Roberto_Vargas_Hernandez December 5, 2018

Hi Faisal, just review the training videos, and as Kat say understand what are the limitations of the project administrator rol, most of the questions trick you giving you options that acomplish the task but require jira administrator rol.

Like # people like this
yogitadolas123 February 20, 2019

@Kat Warner  what is the type of questions  for ACP-600 ? are they only multiple choice or structural also?

And can we go back to previous question and change the answer?

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
February 21, 2019

You are able to review you answers before submitting them. You are also able to mark questions for review if there are particular ones you are unsure about.

Laurène Tezza March 13, 2019

Hi @yogitadolas123 
Questions are multiple choice, everytime with a different scenario.
[I took the test today and failed with 62% (65% is required). It takes a lot of concentration to decipher everything and I used the 3h entirely. But may be that's because English is not my mother tongue and sometimes I waisted time (because I wasn't really sure of the meaning of the question or the answer asked).]

Christine Chalmers January 21, 2020

I just passed, and I made flashcard sets for things like JQL functions, permissions, reports etc. by copying from the Atlassian Documentation:

https://quizlet.com/Christine_Chalmers1/folders/jira-administration?x=1xqt&i=bwoup

Hopefully they can help someone else. Some of the cards are probably beyond the scope of what they are seeking, but it's nice to know.

Like Kat Warner likes this
Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
January 21, 2020

Thanks for sharing. I have a team member starting ACP-600 study soon and I'll share this with him.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events