Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW CERT ALERT 🚨 Announcing Atlassian Cloud Organization Admin

G’day, training & certification group!

Jaime from Atlassian University here with very exciting news...

We have officially launched a new certification: Atlassian Cloud Organization Admin

giphy-downsized

(Yes, it's backflip-worthy! Read on to find out why.)

To celebrate our first new cert launch ~ in a minute ~, you’ll be able to take the exam at a lower price and receive a certification prep course bundled in!

When you purchase your exam voucher, you’ll get the Exam Success course for free. The Exam Success is filled with resources to help you pass the exam. (Consider it the ultimate study-buddy.)

We're also offering a special introductory price to take your certification exam. While our certification exams normally cost $249, you can take your Atlassian Cloud Organization Admin exam for just $100 â€” for a limited time only. And that price includes the Exam Success offering.

So what's the Atlassian Cloud Organization Admin cert all about?

For more context and background, I asked @Joanna Thurmann a Senior Certification Developer on Atlassian University's certification team, to give us some insights.

(p.s. Joanna has been working on the Atlassian certification program since its inception in 2015 – beginning with the very first certification exam! She’s been a part of writing exam questions and prep course content for nearly every Atlassian University exam and Pro Skills badge ever since.)

How did the Atlassian Cloud Organization Admin certification come about?

As always, the certification followed Atlassian product changes: Originally, Atlassian product administrators managed users and groups at the level of each Atlassian Cloud product. Then Atlassian rolled out centralized user management via the Atlassian admin hub. This change made work much easier for admins managing multiple products on multiple sites within their Atlassian Cloud organization. It made administration more scalable and expandable and delivered many more rich and complex features.

As a result, the change also warranted a new certification focused exclusively on the persona of the Atlassian Cloud org admin and the tasks they perform in their day-to-day job. After all, managing users and groups is a matter of data security and protecting your intellectual property. The certification is a win-win for both the certified candidates and their employers. 

Who is this certification for?

We expect the target audience to fall into two groups.

• Those who have equivalent real-world experience as an Atlassian Org Admin in the admin hub at admin.atlassian.com and want to validate their knowledge and skills by earning the certification.
  • Those who want to develop their base understanding and skills in the admin hub for their current or future roles. These folks may already have some experience managing users and groups, but not necessarily so.

What experience and/or courses would someone need before taking the certification exam?

The Atlassian Cloud Organization Administration on-demand course from Atlassian University is ideal during someone’s first 6–12 months of administering an Atlassian Cloud organization.

If you already have some admin hub experience and knowledge, you may consider going straight to purchase the Atlassian Cloud Organization Admin certification exam. Along with the exam voucher, you also get the Exam Success course – a study companion course designed to help you prepare. That way you’ll know everything covered on the exam and be able to test your knowledge with practice questions.

Atlassian University created a learning path to give you a well-rounded journey to earn this certification.

Check out the Atlassian Cloud Organization Admin learning path here →

What topics are covered on the exam?

The exam covers these high-level topic areas:

• Atlassian Organizations (35-45% of the exam)
  • Users and Groups (25-35% of the exam)
  • Admin Roles (10-15% of the exam)
  • Advanced Features (15-20% of the exam)

On the certification page, you can download the expanded exam topics and resources guide that will tell you much more detail about each of the high-level topic areas. The Exam Success resource covers them in great detail—teaching and quizzing you along the way. We also include a glossary with the course to help you understand terminology.

How should someone prepare to take the exam?

Passing the certification exam depends on two things: going through the included Exam Success, slowly and carefully, and getting hands-on practice in a test environment.

giphy-downsized

The Exam Success is the most comprehensive way to prepare for the exam. It's a self-paced, on-demand study companion. Students who complete an Exam Success increase their exam score by +6 points on average. The topics are structured according to objectives and each lesson has practice questions.

The second most important aspect of preparation is hands-on practice. To pass the exam, technical knowledge of Atlassian Cloud Administration features is crucial, but it is not enough. The majority of exam questions are based on scenarios that must be understood, analyzed, and evaluated to find the correct answer that fits the stated constraints.

For that reason, the Exam Success has information about practicing in a sandbox, including the setup instructions to create a new, dedicated Cloud organization environment for exam preparation. You’ll also find lab challenges to guide your exploration, research, and analysis of Atlassian Administration.

This helps to develop your approach and prompts you to investigate different methods and solutions as you prepare for the exam.

For those folks ready to take this exam and earn the certification, can you talk about what the process is like?

Once you purchase from the certification page, you’ll receive a voucher to use in the certification portal when you schedule your exam.

This exam can be proctored online or in a testing center. You will choose a method and time that works for you when you schedule your exam. Whichever you choose, the exam duration is 180 minutes in which you’ll answer up to 65 questions. A passing score is 62% or higher. That’s usually plenty of time to read and answer each question carefully. You can bookmark questions to return to later.

Any last tips you'd like to share with would-be exam takers?

If we haven’t said it enough, go through the included Exam Success. You’ll learn a lot and gain the confidence needed to approach the exam.

And as you go through the sample questions and submit your answers in the Exam Success, pay attention to Exam Hints. Also, be sure to read the explanatory notes for each of the options provided, both the correct and incorrect ones. These notes are excellent teaching tools. They provide information about exactly why each correct answer is inarguably correct and why each incorrect distractor is inarguably incorrect. By reading these notes carefully, you will often learn something you need to know for another question. There is no penalty for wrong answers, so take your best guess if you’re unsure.

Whether this could become your first Atlassian certification or you’re well on your way to becoming an Atlassian Certified Expert, we hope you're just as excited about this new certification as we are!

You can get started on your Atlassian Cloud Organization Admin certification exam now—with the Exam Success course—for just $100 →

But don't wait! This offer won't last. (Confession: I always wanted to say that.)

What questions do you have for us about the Atlassian Cloud Organization Admin certification—or any other certifications?

P.S. Not sure where to get started with your certification journey? We wrote a whole post answering that question!

46 comments

Comment

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2023

Thanx @Jaime Netzer for this post! Can wait to take these exams, after a certain one I have set my eyes on!

Like • # people like this
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2023

Wow! thank you @Jaime Netzer for coming up with this amazing certification topic and offer.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 23, 2023

So excited to get started on this! It is one I've been waiting for to continue my Atlassian Certified Expert training.

James Dirks May 23, 2023

Excited to begin working on this!

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 23, 2023

@Jaime Netzer This is awesome. I absolutely want to get in at the ground floor here. I'm already shuffling some priorities (in my brain) to make room for this in the next 90-150 days.

Antreas Solou May 24, 2023

What about Data center certifications ? Are we slowly leaving that behind @Jaime Netzer ?

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 24, 2023

Great addition @Jaime Netzer !

Finished the course, this was very welcome and still is confusing sometimes.

I will probably schedule this one for a next certification.

Kiet Ngo May 24, 2023

We just created a visual timeline to depict the ACP program history and changes over time to celebrate this :D

acp-program.jpg

AG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2023

Great. It is useful. Thanks.

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 24, 2023

@Kiet Ngo thanx for the timeline! It would be great if you guy could share what's next and upcoming in this timeline :)

Kiet Ngo May 24, 2023

@Alex Koxaras _Relational_  I'm afraid I have no ideas to share what's upcoming as I'm just an ordinary Jira user 

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 25, 2023

Thanks @Jaime Netzer!

I just extended all my existing certs, guess it's about time to earn a new one!

Sridhar Gandla May 26, 2023

I purchased this today as I know it is cloud based .  Some how, I am more inclined to appear for ACP-100 first because I am using Data Center Version of Jira..  For  ACP-520 exam I need to take with in 90 days (From the date of purchase otherwise It gets expired)... I passed ACP-610  last year during November..   Only one thing on my brain now: Does cloud concepts v/s Data Center may confuse me ?  My Goal is to get certified ACP-100 first before I begin to read the cloud stuff.. I wanted to finish ACP-100 first and start prep for this and finish ACP-520 in 90 days. Does this feasible ?  Any thoughts from experts.     Starting from today, couple of weeks I have loaded with personal stuff.  I may prepare for ACP-100 in 3rd week of June but ACP-520 exam must given before before mid of August. (Considering my date of purchase today)

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 27, 2023

Awesome! Thank you!

Reinaldo Borges JĂşnior May 28, 2023

Very nice!!! I will try it!

=)

Thank you so much! 

Jonathan Santos
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 29, 2023

I Will try !!!

Thanks

Prashant Sultania
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 30, 2023

It's exciting to hear new certificate from Atlassian. I have a doubt regarding this certification.

1. Just in case if I am unable to pass it in the first attempt, then do I need to pay the same amount again? 

2. Where can I see the exam voucher?

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 30, 2023

@Prashant Sultania 

From the post, follow the link for purchasing your exam voucher:

When you purchase your exam voucher, you’ll get the Exam Success course for free.The Exam Success is filled with resources to help you pass the exam. (Consider it the ultimate study-buddy.)

Are you asking about seeing a voucher you already purchased?

Christos Moysiadis May 31, 2023

Hey  @Jaime Netzer ,

i don't know if this appropriate to ask or to be revealed from your side, but how much time or range of time is meaning the "for a limited time only" ?

So me and my colleagues can plan accordingly!

Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 7, 2023

Team, Just passed this exam and it covers everything that you do as organization Admin.

Vando Goncalves _e-Core_ June 7, 2023

Definitely will prepare myself for this one!

Jaime Netzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 7, 2023

OMG CONGRATS @Mayur Jadhav we're so delighted to have you certified as an organization admin! 

flower yeah.gif

Jaime Netzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 7, 2023

Heya @Christos Moysiadis great question, thanks for asking! I checked in with the powers that be and they say while we haven't set a hard deadline yet, you can plan on this offer to be around for six months or so. Hope that helps! I'll report back with notice once we get closer to the offer expiring, scout's honor! 

minions.gif

carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 8, 2023

Nice interview with @Joanna Thurmann on the goals, audience, topics of the certification. Makes it more approachable. May be my next cert, in fact!

Tesha Vogt June 14, 2023

This is great news!! The price point is excellent as well. I hope they do this price point (even if only for a limited time) for other certs as well. Thank you for sharing!

Like • Jaime Netzer likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events