Hi ๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿผ I'm Dorin Shen, Product Manager for Atlassian University.

Hi Community!

It's Dorin from Atlassian University. We offer the resources you need to develop new skills, improve your teamโ€™s work, and advance your professional career. In the past, we've developed many tutorial series, courses, a training app, and other training resources.

We'd like to pick your brain on future topics, training approaches, and formats. Your feedback is helpful in guiding us to prioritize and develop training content that supports you and your team's goals. Would you take 2-3 minutes to answer 5 quick questions here? We'd love to hear from you.

Thank you for your time and feedback! 

Cheers,

Dorin

15 comments

Comment

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 13, 2020

Next-gen - everything including things you can't do compared to Classic (when to choose which one)

Classic - advanced topics: schemes, issue security, permissions

JSD - configuring and managing users, customers, organizations, etc.

Like โ€ข # people like this
Dorin Shen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 13, 2020

Thank you for your feedback, @Jack Brickey!  

carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 13, 2020

Hi @Dorin Shen , I was filling out your survey and noticed the question "Which training formats you'd like to see from us?" only allowed max of 5 options. I think the more formats that you are able to take on, the broader reach you'll be able to have to more (after all, people have different learning styles). Would be nice to select more than 5 of those options... I would select all except eBooks, since I'd love to keep the written format on Community where it's easily searchable, etc. Maybe there are other unique benefits of an eBook- please let me know.

Also, games - love that idea!

Dorin Shen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 13, 2020

Hi @carolyn french thanks so much for your feedback! I just opened it up for more options, and I'm so glad that you find many formats that apply to your training/learning needs. We are excited about exploring new formats/topics as we want training to be impactful, helpful, and fun to learners. 

Like โ€ข carolyn french likes this
SyedLinkedIN August 20, 2020

@Dorin Shen survey completed. I'm looking for sample questions for ACP-620 exam? Course provides only 7 questions....not enough to practice.

Dorin Shen
Atlassian Team
August 21, 2020

Hi @SyedLinkedIN , thank you for your time and feedback! I'm so sorry that we currently don't have more sample questions for the ACP-620 exam. We definitely will take that into consideration as we continue to build out more training and certification resources for learners. I really appreciate your feedback! 

Like โ€ข SyedLinkedIN likes this
Patricia Francezi
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 26, 2020

I have answered the form.

I miss a training or guide, with simple steps and use cases for advanced configuration of boards (between projects and personal ones for cloud, in example). 

i.e, I have an work flow and two boards separeted for Product Backlog management, and other for development process itself. 

this way i can follow up with backlog without overwhelm the devs with more than 100 stories that are not yet detailed (as product backlog is incremental). 

also I use a personal board to integrate the tasks of many of my projects, where I have some activity, as executor or manager. 

full view of tasks in one place.

Its a powerfull tool, the boards, but I had to self learn about it, after one statement in ACP-JCP training "boards integrating projects".

I was a nice journey for me, but, for the product, if there is a guide, or something related, more users would use it.

Dorin Shen
Atlassian Team
August 26, 2020

Hi @Patricia Francezi , thank you for your detailed feedback! We will take this into consideration as we continue to build out more training resources for learners. I really appreciate your feedback. Super helpful :)

Like โ€ข Patricia Francezi likes this
Drew Cottrell September 9, 2020

Hi @Dorin Shen I paid $100 to take the ACP-120 beta exam but PSI had technology failures and their tech support could not resolve and Atlassian support was not responsive.  Please improve the certification testing process with PSI so we admins and Atlassian supporters don't have more negative experiences losing money attempting to take Atlassian exams.

Dorin Shen
Atlassian Team
September 10, 2020

Hi @Drew Cottrell, I'm so sorry about your negative experience in this process. We are aware of the PSI technical issues recently. Let me and the team look into this further. Again, we are so sorry that your exam appointment could not start successfully.   

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2020

The one bit of feedback I'd like to add on is a request to always include a set of slides with the transcript for all pre-recorded pieces of training.  I understand this may not be possible for webinars that were conducted live, but for university courses and cert training, it is absolutely necessary for students to have this material on hand.  

Dorin Shen
Atlassian Team
September 15, 2020

Hi @Rob Horan, thank you for your feedback! I really appreciate the details. We will look into this as we continue to improve the learning experience for students. Again, thank you for your feedback!  

Like โ€ข Rob Horan likes this
Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2020

@Dorin Shen- thanks!  I just took ACP-120 and I can tell you that I would not have been able to prepare as well without my hardcopy of the sldes and transcript - using that I was able to follow along with the videos, highlighting and underlining particular passages, and adding my own notes to the pages as the course progressed.  Over time I was able to add more and more notes and by the end of it I had a comprehensive study guide that was a great combination of Atlassian material and my own notes.

Contrast this with the ACP-100 prep material, where I was unable to absorb most of that material, and spent more time trying to write points down before I gave up on having to rewind and replay sections over and over.  In the end I wasn't able to make much use of that course at all. I'm not saying its the reason I did not pass ACP-100, but I definitely did not feel prepared going in.

I am not saying I passed ACP-120 (nobody knows yet) but I did feel far more prepared for that test than I did for ACP-100.

Like โ€ข # people like this
Dorin Shen
Atlassian Team
September 20, 2020

Hi @Rob Horan, thanks so much for your feedback and details! I might reach out to you for more questions about your learning experience if you don't mind. Truly appreciate your feedback. 

Like โ€ข Robert Horan likes this
Robert Horan
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
September 20, 2020

Hi @Dorin Shen ,

I'd love to follow up and contribute however I can.  If you'd like to move forward please let me know.  Thanks again!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events