Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atlassian University for Higher Education: Share Learning with the Students in your Life

CSD-337-Organic-Social-[ADO_Twitter-&-Linkedin_B2S-University-Campaign]2400x375 (1).png

G'day, training & certification community!

Today we're highlighting a new program, Atlassian University for Higher Education. Through this program, any student with a valid education email address can enroll for free in the program, which offers Atlassian University training in Jira Software, along with a path to earn badges and your first Atlassian certification.

Getting your first job in technology is competitive—enroll in Atlassian University for Higher Education to build your confidence in Jira software, stand out, and improve your job prospects!

We spoke with a University student—and Atlassian intern—who took advantage of the program this summer during her internship. Read on to get to know @Eliza Beyers !

Meet Eliza Beyers, University for Higher Education student

eliza beyers.jpeg

G’day Eliza! First off, tell us a little bit about yourself. Where are you from, where are you going to school, and what are you studying?

Hi! My name is Eliza Beyers and I am the Customer Success Manager Intern for Summer ‘22. I was born and raised in Woodbury, a suburb of St. Paul, Minnesota. Since then, my mom decided that Minnesota is simply too cold and has moved to Raleigh, North Carolina where I’ll be working remotely for the summer.

I am a student in the World Bachelor in Business program! I attend three different schools on three different continents, ultimately receiving a Business Administration degree from all three I spent my first year at USC, second year at HKUST in Hong Kong, and third year at Bocconi in Milan. Essentially, I am a USC, HKUST, and Bocconi student, all in one. For our fourth year, we can choose where to return so I’m actually headed back to Milan!

How did you select Atlassian for your internship? What interested you about the company or position?

When I was applying for junior year internships, I was looking for opportunities to learn and grow my professional skillset. I was also interested in working in technology, mostly because I didn’t have much prior exposure and wanted to explore a new industry. Atlassian interested me as a technology company with high growth opportunities and somewhere that I could grow.

Through my previous internships doing a variety of roles, I realized that I enjoyed working directly with customers and building customer relationships. My mom, who spent over 20 years as a CSM, told me to take a deeper look into Customer Success so I decided to apply for the Customer Success Manager role!

What’s the best thing you’ve learned here this summer?

It’s okay to not know all of the answers.

I’ve chatted with many Atlassians this summer in different roles across the world. I’ve asked about their career paths, their passions, or wherever else the conversations have led me. As an incoming college senior, the future outside of school can seem daunting and uncertain. But talking to other Atlassians, I have realized the importance of having a plan but allowing that plan to change. I don’t know exactly where I’ll be or what I’ll be doing five years from now and that’s okay.

In my role, specifically, customers will ask questions that you can’t always answer. Instead of pretending to know or deflecting the question, it’s best to take ownership of our knowledge gaps. We’re not expected to know everything and we can always reach out to others for help.

Okay, now on to Atlassian University for Higher Ed. Tell us: what Atlassian University courses have you taken, and why?

For my internship, I was tasked with completing the Trello and Confluence Fundamentals Courses and the Confluence Essentials course. Since I’m only here at Atlassian for 12 week internship, the CSM team had planned to have me focus on Trello and Confluence.

However, I wanted to learn more about other Atlassian products so I have taken the Fundamentals Courses for Jira and JSM. Lastly, I took the Jira Essentials with Agile Mindset Course.

You’re obviously on top of things, pursuing both internships and outside of class learning. Tell us: what motivates you to #AlwaysBeLearning?

I love approaching all situations with an open mind and as an opportunity for learning. Outside of my academic and professional life, I am always looking to challenge myself and try something new. Whether that’s traveling to a new country, reading a book, or simply chatting with someone. Everyday you have the opportunity to #AlwaysBeLearning and I think that’s something anyone can adopt.

eliza beyers.png

Thanks, Eliza! Safe travels and happy studies!

BONUS: Uni for Higher Education Community Group

There’s an additional perk of our students in higher education: introducing Community Events! These events will take place regularly and be an opportunity for you to connect with each other. If you’re interested, please complete this survey to confirm where you’re based and give your input on event topics! Not yet in our Uni for Higher Education program? No worries - learn more and enroll here!

Be sure to also join our Uni for Higher Education Program event community to be notified automatically of all future events!

A reminder on participation in #AlwaysBeLearning

If you are in the kudos program and you participate in our #AlwaysBeLearning series, you will earn a special, limited-edition #AlwaysBeLearning badge. (See below, so cute, ya?) Here’s what to do:

• Like five posts in the series

• Comment on at least one post

• Share at least one post on social media

CSD-337-Organic-Social-[ADO_Twitter-&-Linkedin_B2S-University-Campaign]_250x250 (1).png

Not in the kudos program yet? You can request to join right here.

So today's prompt is simple: Share our Atlassian University for Higher Education program with a student who might benefit from it! Share this post on social with #AlwaysBeLearning and we just might reach out, too.

Remember, anyone with an education email can take advantage of this opportunity — tag your interns, share with your cousins and nieces, and if you're a student reading this, get started today right here!

36 comments

Comment

G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 27, 2022

Hi @Jaime Netzer this post is the icing on the top. This is a perfect program where I have shared my insights, feedback and suggestions in the focus group driven by @isha last year.

I have gathered 12-15 USA college students and would like to host an event from my Visakhapatnam chapter helping them with this program.

Please share the needed details I should be focusing on.

And hearty congratulations Eliza Beyers. Now, you stand as an ambassador for the students going to enroll in the program.

Like # people like this
Johanna Pichotka_APTIS_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 27, 2022

This is an amazing initiative. 🙌

And I love Eliza's approach to #AlwaysBeLearning. 

Like # people like this
Sakina
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2022

@Jaime Netzer  #AlwaysBeLearning series is amazing. 

Like # people like this
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2022

Congratulations, Eliza!
Very interesting read - keep up the good work!

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 28, 2022

Congrats, Eliza!

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 28, 2022
Like # people like this
Tosha Liveoak September 28, 2022

Busy girl!  Great outlook and you've got a bright future, Eliza https://community.atlassian.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/5040118 !

Like # people like this
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 28, 2022

I think this is great.  Education never ends.  I've been in the workforce for over 45 years, I'm still taking training. 
Keep it up, you'll lead soon.

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 28, 2022

I wish I had a program like Atlassian U for Higher Education around when I was in school. It must be so rewarding to connect with an organization that can touch every aspect of a future career and influence it. Good luck in Milan @Eliza Beyers

Like # people like this
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 29, 2022

I love the idea, I'm a bit sad to see it's only for institutions in the USA, Australia, and New Zealand. 
Students from my old uni (https://www.ugent.be/) won't be able to participate in this program right now. 

Will this change in the future?

Like # people like this
vikram
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 30, 2022

its great idea @Jaime Netzer 

It helps the students to be more confident to choose their career and benefit to get their job and success. 

@Eliza Beyers Congrats on your achievment, your hardwork and the passion you have is added advantage with Atlassian as platform, keep up growing.  All the best.

Vikram P

Like # people like this
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 1, 2022

This is indeed a great idea @Jaime Netzer . It makes me kinda wish to be younger, as a student, and participate to this program! Any thoughts to include more universities from more parts of the world?

Like # people like this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 1, 2022

Hi @Jaime Netzer , I have enjoyed the series and this post reveals an excellent initiative and offering. Cheers 

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 2, 2022

@Jaime Netzer 

Glad that Atlassian's considering higher education now - more actively, that is!

I'll bring that up this program the next time I work with my alumni relations folks.

Curious if Atlassian is considering (either planning, or already doing?) getting promoting their certifications and training opportunities with vocational/technical schools?

Like # people like this
Valerie Knapp
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 5, 2022

I have shared this information internally to try to get my company to approach students and work with our local universities to offer internships to train them up to be Atlassian Consultants!

Like # people like this
Ram Kumar Aravindakshan _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 5, 2022

Thanks for sharing

Like Jaime Netzer likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 6, 2022

Atlassian University has some great content. By far it is the best way to learn from Atlassian directly as the documentation can certainly be lacking. Take a free course today if you haven't already. You won't be disappointed!

Like # people like this
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 7, 2022

Sharing this Higher Education link out to a farther audience of young people.
Thanks again for this great post.

Seema Seehra
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 10, 2022

@[deleted] If you can send me a list of email domains then I'm happy to add them so that students from your Uni or others in your region can participate.  

@Dave Liao  We absolutely want to connect with as many vocational schools / universities around the world.  If you have a list of email domains please share them so that we can add them in. 

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 10, 2022

That's awesome @Seema Seehra !

Here are the ones I know:

• ugent.be
  • kuleuven.be
  • odisee.be
  • howest.be
  • uantwerpen.be
  • vub.be
  • uliege.be
  • uclouvain.be

Thank you!

Colby Stauss
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 12, 2022

Love this!

Tomislav Tobijas
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 14, 2022

These articles can be quite inspiring! Cheers for sharing! :)

Chrissy Clements October 25, 2022

As a UTAS student, I'm stoked to learn this!  I've completed some of these free courses under my work email address. Can these be counted towards the training plan progress?

Seema Seehra
Atlassian Team
October 26, 2022

@Chrissy Clements To access the Uni for Higher Ed learning path you must register with a .edu email domain.  You can submit a support ticket and our team will determine if we can merge accounts.  

Like Chrissy Clements likes this
Kerli Loopman
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 1, 2022

@Seema Seehra this is great opportunity for Universities. I remember that at some point our schools had .edu addresses but I think now we don't use there in our universities. Is this program for all countries? My schools address is with @tlu.ee and I believe we have @ttu.ee, @ut.ee, @artun.ee, @student.emu.ee, @eamt.ee - those are governmental universities but we do have private ones also.

If this is for eligible for Estonia and the domains I mentioned, could be added, I think I could share some knowledge in Estonia about that program. 

And @Eliza Beyers wishing you the best on future projects! 

Like Markku Miettunen likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events