#AlwaysBeLearning Lesson 3 | Why Inspiration = Motivation  (Bonus: Tag a Study Buddy!)

always be learning header.png

G’day, learning & certification community!

Have you ever enrolled in a course, or studied for a test, or tried to learn something—and just plum lost your motivation along the way?

giphy-downsized

Thanks to the collective power of community, the best part about tackling something is that you can do it alongside others. The good news about pursuing something like Atlassian certification, a Fundamentals course, or even starting in on a learning path in order to improve your career options is that you’re likely not doing it alone!

When it comes to Atlassian certification, for example, we’ve got a handful of Community members who have also tackled certification. On our Community alone, we have a few stories from our very own leaders, members, customers, and students (!) to show that learning never stops, and that you can always find inspiration 💡 for what you hope to achieve. 

Inspiration from the story vault

Here are a few existing stories from the Atlassian Community to get you started, with some new ones publishing this month that we’ll link to once they’re live:

Community Leader Ammar Butt Shares his Inspiration and Path into Atlassian Certification - Ammar shares how he shifted his career, how he ended up using Atlassian products, how he views knowledge, and the benefits of getting certified in Atlassian products.

Mikael Sandberg's Tips on Becoming Double Certified - One of our showcases from the vault: Mikael shares how he was introduced to Atlassian products, his process on studying for a certification exam, a favorite memory of his career, and tips toward preparing to be certified.

Micky Caritte's Journey to be a Certified Atlassian Champion - Micky shares how he came across Atlassian products in the banking industry, what it meant to be certified and how it impacted his career, and the road to getting certified.

New!Atlassian Certified Expert Deepanshu Natani shares the motivation behind his certification journeyDeepanshu shares how he went from zero certifications to being an Atlassian Certified Expert, passing every exam he could in 14 months—plus the inspiration behind his lifelong pursuit of learning.

New! ✨ - Pramodh Kumar M shares why becoming Atlassian certified and helping others globally go hand in hand - shares how his path in consulting led to Atlassian products and community leadership, and what certification means for career and accomplishments.

Sept 27 - Eliza Beyers shares about her internship at Atlassian, her approach to learning during higher education, and her advice for fellow students!

Bonus: Tag your Study Buddy

Are you sensing a theme, yet? Learning can sometimes feel impossible alone — but it’s almost always better together! We’re including a bonus in today’s sharing opportunity:

Using one of our social assets below, post to social media and tag a study buddy who has inspired or helped you along your learning journey (share to Twitter or LinkedIn, and be sure to use the hashtag #AlwaysBeLearning and tag Atlassian), and we might just reach out!

A study buddy can be a mentor, a colleague, even an old official teacher, if you can find them on social—anyone who has helped you learn along your path.

You're also welcomed and encouraged to share your study-buddy goodness on this post!

study buddy 1.png

CSD-337-Organic-Social-[ADO_Twitter-&-Linkedin_B2S-University-Campaign]_1200x628-3.pngCSD-337-Organic-Social-[ADO_Twitter-&-Linkedin_B2S-University-Campaign]_1200x628-2.png

A quick reminder on participation in the #AlwaysBeLearning series:

If you are in the kudos program and you participate in our #AlwaysBeLearning series, you will earn a special, limited-edition #AlwaysBeLearning badge. Here’s what to do:

• Like five posts in the series

• Comment on at least one post

• Share at least one post on social media

Not in the kudos program yet? You can request to join right here.

CSD-337-Organic-Social-[ADO_Twitter-&-Linkedin_B2S-University-Campaign]_250x250 (1).png 

We’ll have more fun surprises throughout the month, including something special for our most engaged users. 😉 Feeling inspired? Learn how to get certified with Atlassian University—or just sign up for your very first Fundamentals course. We're here for you every step of the way!

30 comments

Comment

Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 22, 2022

Always good to have training partners or study buddies.  Good advice!

Like # people like this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 22, 2022

And 1970's buddies @Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_ ...

Like # people like this
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 23, 2022

Great article!

Like # people like this
Jonathan V. September 23, 2022

Great write-up! Motivation truly is key to meeting our goals.

Like # people like this
Jonathan V. September 23, 2022

When I was in college, study partners was always key when preparing for any major exams, and they really did help. For some reason, the dialog and the back and forth helps cement facts in your mind better.

Like # people like this
Paul Wiggers
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 26, 2022

Thanks for this post. Finding a study buddy would be great but for some reason, this never worked for me. Either I was the only one in the company that was studying this information, or my study buddies would have different schedules.

One thing that does work, is being active in a community. Reading and sharing knowledge at a time that suits me is motivating and helpful.

Like # people like this
vikram
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2022

Super and good article, 

I learnt somany thing from the community,

thanks for all the content.

vikram P

Like # people like this
Sakina
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2022

👌

Like Jaime Netzer likes this
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 27, 2022

It's so joyful and satisfying when you remember, speak about or be with your mentor. While my teachers and parents always remain the base, as you grow and see the world from your aspirations, it would be a mentor that hand holds 👫the journey.

I feel pride to show gratitude any number of times for my mentor and here's one in tune with the study buddy tag on Linkedin post

Like # people like this
Jaime Netzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 27, 2022

Jumping in here to recognize my colleague @lboyd, who I've worked with now across three different companies! (count 'em)

The most important lesson I learned from Lindsey is to work as hard on caring for myself as I do for my team. We keep each other honest about that!

most important thing I learned.png

Like # people like this
Tosha Liveoak September 28, 2022

Great advice!  Tagging you, @Aaron Geister , we can be study buddies!

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 28, 2022

@Jaime Netzer can you provide editable versions of the social media postcards so I can update them and post them? Thanks!

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 1, 2022

Having a study buddy is a great recommendation.  

Ammar Ahmed Butt
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 3, 2022

🎉🎉

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 6, 2022

Having someone else to study with is a great encouragement and help. And it helps ensure you will be more faithful to do the actual studying. 

Like # people like this
Ram Kumar Aravindakshan _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 7, 2022

Haven't had a study buddy for a long time. Use to do that when I was in high school.

Like Sharon Park likes this
Johanna Pichotka_APTIS_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 9, 2022

I loved learning together back in school. Together it's so much easier and much more fun as well. 

Now being in a company with a diverse team I don't have a study buddy but I do always get helpful advise and tips which also really helps. 

Like Sharon Park likes this
Colby Stauss
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 12, 2022

Love this!

Michiel Schuijer October 24, 2022

Only just discovered this and like the idea. Going to work with my team on it.

Faith November 16, 2022

My study buddy is @Tosha Liveoak - we are colleagues at McLeod Software. She has supported my learning on Atlassian University.

Paul Wiggers
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 19, 2022

Getting back on it (kudos regain post)

Like Markku Miettunen likes this
Lewis Tanguhwar
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 23, 2022

Inspiring

Like Markku Miettunen likes this
Patrick Alexander November 24, 2022

Still searching for Study Buddy. anyway great post ! 

Aaron Geister
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 7, 2022

I so need some study buddies. @John Chadwick  We should study buddy for ACP!

Like John Chadwick likes this
Brian Kay December 9, 2022

Where oh where is my future study buddy @Brian Cowin 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events