It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

10-week study plan for ACP-100 Jira Administrator

This study plan is personal for me - as this is the first of the study plans I have created that I will be using myself (I created ACP-300 and ACP-600 study plans for my team).

Not only was ACP-100 Jira Administrator the first Atlassian Certification to b made available, it is the only Atlassian certification that can be used to extend and maintain another Atlassian certification - ACP-600.

Image result for under pressure gif

Unlike ACP-600 Project Administration in Jira Server, the certification prep course guides you need in what you need to study not what information you need to know i.e. it gives you the questions you should be able to answer not the answers themselves.

For that reason, this study plan has 3 phases including product training tutorials, examination preparation videos, and time for studying before sitting the exam.

WeekTask
   1Enrol in 'Jira Administrator Certification Prep', download and read Exam Topics ACP-100 Jira Administration, and watch About the Exam. Download Atlassian product documentation.
   2Review Jira Admin Part 1: Getting up and running
   3Review Jira Admin Part 2: Taking it to the next level
   4Review Getting More from Jira Workflows
   5Watch Jira Administrator Certification Prep Advanced User Features; Configuration the Layout, Design, and User Communications; Application and Project Access and Permissions; and complete the first set of sample questions.
   6Watch Jira Administrator Certification Prep General Project Configuration; Authentications and Security; Issue Types, Fields and Screen, and and complete the second set of sample questions.
   7Watch Jira Administrator Certification Prep Workflows; Setting up Notifications and Email; Jira Server Administration; Administration and Extending Jira; and complete the third set of sample questions.
   8Read Jira Administrator Certification Prep Case Studies, watch Case Studies, and complete Course Wrap Up
   9Book 2-3 hours on Friday to work on the labs. Use the remaining lab time if needed/wanted on Friday night and Saturday morning.
  10   Purchase and book your exam. Have an hour study group session. Review the exam topics PDF and answer all the questions together.
 Sit your exam.

Do I really need to all of those courses?

No, of course not. Even the highly recommended certification preparation course is not prerequisite for sitting the exam.

This study plan makes use of the training that is available as a suggested approach and also because access to (some) of these are a perk for being a Community Leader and/or working for an Atlassian Solution Partner.

So when is your exam Kat?

I will be starting this study plan with two team members on 13 November. We have factored in a 2 week break for Christmas and New Years and should sit our exams in mid-February 2020.

Image result for i've got this gif

5 comments

Jimmy_Seddon Community Leader Oct 22, 2019

@Kat_Warner__TechTime_ you are putting these out faster than I can keep up!  That's great though thank you!  I passed the ACP-600 back in may and with this cert being a way to extend the ACP-600 now I think I'll save this one until next year.

Like Kat_Warner__TechTime_ likes this

@Jimmy_Seddon - I created 3 study plans for internal use a couple of months back. These have all been modified and shared with the community so the remaining 3 may take a bit longer to appear.

Like Jimmy_Seddon likes this

Thank you @Kat_Warner__TechTime_ for this. Came to know about this through Certification session during summit yesterday. I am starting on this, but hope to put in more time and finish it sooner than 10 weeks. Unfortunately I dont have access to University videos unless I pay. I am planning to use only the prep course. Have couple of questions, if you dont mind answering.
1) After Step 9 of using lab time on Friday and Saturday, when I purchase my exam on Saturday morning let's say, will I be able to take the exam on the same day (Saturday) or Sunday, as I prefer not to forget if its after a week or 10 days. Now that this exam can be taken remotely, will I be able to schedule the exam for the same or next day or how many days in advance we can schedule. Is it different if we have to go to testing center vs ability to take remotely.

2) Step 10 says for study group session. Do you mean review everything that is learnt on our own or have a group discussion with the study group. I know things work differently for each individual, but just wanted to clarify. BTW I dont have any partner or study group as of now. Will you be able to let me know if you know of one. Thank you.

Thanks again for the plan, appreciate it.

Kat_Warner__TechTime_ Community Leader Friday

Thanks @Kavitha_Muthukumar

Since I wrote this 10-week plan, Atlassian has made their skill-builders free and have released  new ones. These are intended for those with or want to have Administrator permissions and a great to include as part of your prep for ACP-100. Check out their free training catalogue.

@Sherry_Quinn gave the following reply to the exam question:

Due to COVID-19, Atlassian Certification candidates can request exceptions to take ACP exams (ACP-100 through ACP-500) from their home or office with online remote proctoring. Note that ACP-600 already has the option to take the exam online so you don't need to submit a request. 

If you would like to change your exam from testing center to online, please cancel your existing exam appointment and then submit a Service Desk ticket directly to the Certification Team at https://getsupport.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/9/create/259.

From the Service Desk, select the “Registration Issues” request type and write “Request Approval for Remote Testing” in the Summary. Our team will provide next steps. 

This guide was lightly modified from one written for my team as we have had multiple people working to become twice-certified. This meant we were able to have group study sessions though this community is a great place to reach out. Start a discussion here and you may find an online study group. :)

Thank you @Kat_Warner__TechTime_ 

@Sherry_QuinnHow soon we can schedule exams for going to the test center. It might be based on particular testing center availability I guess. Is that right and if avl, will we be able to schedule for the next day itself or how much sooner generally. Thank you.

Comment

Community showcase
Published in Training & Certification

Atlassian University Live presents "Certification: You can do it! Here’s how."

Atlassian University Live webinars provide you and your teams with the chance to strengthen your Atlassian product skills, and learn directly from Atlassian experts. In this webinar you will get a...

345 views 1 9
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you