Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is your favorite type of tree? 🌳

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
June 27, 2023

I live in California, and though I do love the redwoods, my absolute favorite tree is the coastal cypress, especially in the fog. My happy place is anywhere along the coast, listening to the ocean and admiring the cypress trees. Post your favorite tree in this thread. Can't pick one? Post a few! 😉

lone-windswept-monterey-cypress-clinging-to-the-cliffside-v0-cpo7h6y1hk6b1 copy.png

43 comments

Comment

Saralie S.
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
June 27, 2023

gs-kids_7001.jpg

The Giant Sequoia! 

What's better than a tree that hugs back? Fun Fact: Some sequoia groves were logged in the late 1800s and early 1900s, but not very successfully. The trees would often shatter when they hit the ground because of their brittleness and great weight.

Talk about a great defense system 😆

Like # people like this
BiancaE
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 27, 2023

The holly oak tree is my favorite! I'm partial towards the Mediterranean variety but they also grow along the California coast, namely Encinitas to Santa Barbara. Fun fact, Encinitas is literally translated to "a grove of oak trees"! 

Like # people like this
Evgeniy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2023

Forest view near my house.

image.png

As for favourite tree - its evergreen trees. They are extremely beautiful all year round, especially at winter.

image.png

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
June 30, 2023

@Evgeniy where is your house? I want to go to that forest! 😍

Like # people like this
Evgeniy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2023

@Monique vdB just 10 minutes from Moscow by car, Russia. 

Now I'm in Israel, it'not so green here, but palms, grape plantations and millions  of olive trees in Galilee mountains are extremely beautiful too.

Like # people like this
Gillian
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 30, 2023

This is too hard to pick! But I'll give a shout-out to one of the most beloved: The Cherry Blossom! I love the sense of joy and community these trees bring as people gather to see and sit under them. 

cherry blossom.jpeg

Like # people like this
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 30, 2023

I just wanted to share the same. These are very popular in the town, where I live. I absolutely love them.

Like # people like this
Gillian
Atlassian Team
July 5, 2023

@[deleted] They are the best! 

Like # people like this
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 1, 2023

316087_2500915799744_1462784581_n.jpg

Like # people like this
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 1, 2023

My little slice of heaven.
There's a little cabin in there, this is where my retirement awaits.
293588_2500914999724_1385670168_n.jpg

Like # people like this
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 1, 2023

You just never know where you might find a tree.
308766_2500496589264_915409334_n.jpg

Like # people like this
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 1, 2023

298493_2500490469111_907511759_n.jpg

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
July 3, 2023

More cypress trees in the fog for you.

fog trees.jpeg

Like # people like this
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 3, 2023

Like # people like this
Evgeniy
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 3, 2023

@Craig Nodwell this tree is beyond competition :) It's marvelous, full of magic and good hopes.

Like # people like this
Manoj Gangwar
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 6, 2023

images.jpegAzadirachta indica, commonly known as margosa, neem, nimtree or Indian lilac, is a tree in the mahogany family Meliaceae.

It provides 24*7 hours oxygen. Also, used in medicine. 

Like # people like this
Viktoriya Borisova
Community Manager
July 6, 2023

Cherry Blossoms all the way ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Gyeonghwa-station-blossom-Jinhae-SKOREAFLY0118-e0f9554006504e82ba16f213fb14da90.jpg

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
July 6, 2023

Gorgeous picture!

Like # people like this
carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 6, 2023

What a fun thread- I have a few photos of EXCELLENT TREES

This is a weeping willow in the springtime.

Weeping Willow.png

I also love when they are dramatically sweeping over water. This tree lives in the botanical gardens, where it can be appreciated by many:

Weeping willow 2.png

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
July 6, 2023

Oh that first shot is gorgeous. 💚

Like # people like this
Gillian
Atlassian Team
July 13, 2023

I love weeping willows! They feel so romantic and picturesque 😍

Like # people like this
carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 6, 2023

I also have a soft spot in my heart for trees on tiny islands. This one you can swim around, but cannot go on the island itself, to protect the trees and prevent erosion.

Tiny island.png

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
July 8, 2023

@carolyn french that is so charming!

Like # people like this
Anthony Morais
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 6, 2023

Largest and oldest Jequitiba Rosa in São Paulo!!!

jequitiba rosa.png

Like # people like this
Isaac Nelson
Atlassian Team
July 6, 2023

I love the spidery, lightning bolt-style branches of California Live Oaks. 

Live Oak.jpg

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
July 8, 2023

@Isaac Nelson oh that's a good one, how beautiful. 

Like # people like this
Jessica Zeng
Atlassian Team
July 13, 2023

My first thought when I see these trees: "that would be fun to climb". And now I know what they're called!

Like # people like this
Gillian
Atlassian Team
July 13, 2023

@Jessica Zeng this is the ultimate climbing tree! 

Like # people like this
Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 7, 2023

Missouri Redbud

10 Common Missouri Trees, Their Characteristics and General Maintenance ...

Like # people like this
Rudy Holtkamp
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 8, 2023

PXL_20210331_171207790.PORTRAIT.jpg

Magnolias in bloom!

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 9, 2023

My favorite is a pink flowering Dogwood. We have one on our front lawn and for 2 weeks every year it brings me so much enjoyment seeing it bloom.

pink-flowering-dogwood-2-600x600.jpg

Like # people like this
Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 24, 2023

me too!  I planted one in my backyard. But it is suffering from the heat in the last 2 years.

Monique vdB
Community Manager
July 10, 2023

flowers-tree.gif

Like # people like this
Betty Messina July 10, 2023

I'm in southern Florida and my favorite is the palm tree. BMessina_New FL Home.jpg

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
July 12, 2023

@Betty Messina I'm from Southern California and also have a very soft spot for palm trees! Especially sillhouetted at sunset on a warm summer night....

palm-trees-lean-los-angeles-daniel-schludi-t6JpiIWLLp8-unsplash-1068x712.jpg

Like # people like this
Betty Messina July 12, 2023

Gorgeous palm trees. I love that view in Southern Cali. 

Like # people like this
Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 11, 2023

So many beautiful trees in this post! I love them all! I also love palm trees, cherry blossoms, and weeping willows, but my favorite is still golden aspens! I love how the yellow leaves shimmer in the sunlight! 

aspen.jpeg

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
July 12, 2023

@Summer_Hogan as a Californian, any trees that change color amaze me! Wait, do these change color or are they always golden? 😆

Like # people like this
Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 12, 2023

That's a great question @Monique vdB and you encouraged me to go read about this. 

Aspens take their cue to change as the days get shorter in the fall. But color changes also depend on tree health, local weather, environmental factors like drought or increased moisture, elevation and latitude. Here's the science part: Every fall aspens turn vivid yellows, golds, oranges and reds. But most leaves aren’t adding a new look, instead they’re taking off their “masks” of green to expose their true shades. Those bright fall colors are always there, all summer remaining hidden by the green that’s created by chlorophyll production as the tree turns sunlight into food. As the days get shorter in the fall, photosynthesis decreases, causing chlorophyll levels to fade out of the leaves and reveal the bright colors.

So interesting! 

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
July 13, 2023

@Summer_Hogan You just BLEW MY MIND!!!! 🤯 

Like # people like this
Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 13, 2023

I know! It's interesting, right!?!?!?! Gotta love Science! 

Like # people like this
ronald_bergmann July 12, 2023

All trees are awesome, but this might be my favourite ;)

4436708.jpg

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 12, 2023

Legend of Zelda! Classic in so many ways.

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
July 12, 2023

@ronald_bergmann I guessed video game!  This is beautiful. I need a gaming system again one of these days....

Like # people like this
ronald_bergmann July 12, 2023

@Monique vdByup, and some spare time ;)

Like # people like this
Tamanna Godara
Community Manager
July 12, 2023

I recently visited Lal Bagh and saw this magnificent tree >250 years old, called Cotton Silk Tree. It is the largest known specimen of the species in the world, spreading across almost 2,000 square metres in width and 17 metres in height.52975815926_e4be09ee39_w.jpg

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
July 12, 2023

Wow!!! That reminds me a bit of banyan trees in Hawaii, with the huge spreading trunk. Gorgeous. 

Like # people like this
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 12, 2023

Like # people like this
Evgeniy
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 12, 2023

Smoker's tree :)

Like # people like this
Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 12, 2023

1. Plumeria

2. Dogwood

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

Like # people like this
carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 20, 2023

Plumeria smells so good too

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events