Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the best way to introduce the health monitor?

Colleen Fry July 26, 2017

I want my team to run a health monitor from the team playbook but am unsure how to introduce it to my team as something they'll want to participate in. 

2 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Christine P. Dela Rosa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 26, 2017

Put an hour on your team's calendar and drop the project team health monitor link (or whichever health monitor you're looking at) in the meeting details. So long as everyone shows up ready to share honestly and discuss with the intention of getting to a better place, there doesn't need to be a ton of prep. The sessions will adjust to your team's style over time.

For a deeper dive, take a look at "Everything you wanted to know about the Health Monitor (but were afraid to ask)" on the Atlassian Blog.

0 votes
Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2017

When we adopted this in my team, we started by agreeing to a timeline in which we would evaluate if we wanted to use it or not. By giving people "an out" after 2 months, it reduces the risk they have to accept initially. We rolled it into our agile ceremonies to make scheduling simpler, and had the loudmouth (me) on the team lead it as it forced them to shut up and listen to the others more. Everyone actually really loved it and felt it helped the team deliver the tool we built.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events