Is there an easy way to bulk move data from one field to another and append it to the bottom of a comment field? I tried to figure it out with the bulk move feature but was not successful in figuring it out.
This can be done through the Automation for JIRA framework. There are a number of ways you can configure it depending on how you want this to behave going forward, as well as how comfortable you are with Post-functions, and what add-ons you leverage. Here's a general approach, but if you have a specific field I might be able to create one on my side and take a screenshot for you.
1. Set up a scheduled Task (I do this for 1-off tasks, then disable it so I have a record of exactly what I did).
2. Have it run a query to determine if your new field as anything it (<field> is not EMPTY) - this query should detect all the issues you want to copy info from -- then:
3. Edit issue Fields (it will ask you which field you want to do edit here)
4. Use Smart values to pull the field ID for where the data you want to copy from is (if it's a custom field, you can find the custom field ID by editing the custom field and looking at the URL while you're in the custom field edit screens)
5. (optional) add a label to the issue you just edited. This is an audit trick, so you can always query for issues that this new automation rule just edited.
I realize that might be a bit hard to just cobble together if you're not familiar with Automation for JIRA, if you can give me a generalized example I'll try to write a script that could do what you need.
Does your team need an operational reset? Ever feel like your team has too many meetings? Or don't know why you're even having a meeting? Ever get the dreaded Zoom fatigue? Are the r...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events