Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

📚 Earn the ‘Loom Learners’ community kudos badge!

Kristie Riojas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 21, 2024

Join us tomorrow for our first-ever Live Learning session for Loom, and earn a community kudos badge for sharing a bit about what you’ve learned or are excited about.

The instructions are simple:

• Attend the May 22nd session live (or watch the recording at your convenience!)

• Come back to this post and share a Loom tip you learned or one you’re excited to try

• That’s it! You’ve earned the badge!

We’re looking forward to hearing more about how you plan to use Loom and learning more about what excites you.

31 comments

Comment

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 21, 2024

I'm excited about the first official Loom Live Learning session. As a habitual Loom user I know I am not optimizing my usage and this will be a springboard to better usage and results.

Like # people like this
Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2024

It's like SnagIT on steroids!  <kinda>  But MUCH better!  LOVELOVELOVE

Like # people like this
Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2024

SPLIT BUTTON!!  sweet

Like # people like this
Alex G May 22, 2024

The confetti button!

Like # people like this
Kristian Klima
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 22, 2024

I'm gonna make it a part of the official Loom training at Emplifi :) 

Like # people like this
Kristie Riojas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 22, 2024

Love to hear that!!

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 22, 2024

My highlight was learning how to splice the video to remove unwanted content, but preserve the rest. Thanks @Matt Reiner _K15t_

Like # people like this
Shannon Meehan _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 22, 2024

Woop woop! Thanks @Matt Reiner _K15t_ for the great session. New thing I learned? You can have speaker notes handy that won't be recorded 👀 Game changer. 

Like # people like this
Svenja Lorenzen
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 22, 2024

That was an amazing session! Really recommend it to everyone who want to get started with Loom and learn about the features and functionalities.

What I learned:

• How to create a video
  • How to edit a video
  • What AI functionalities Loom offers
  • How to share your recordings
  • Differences between Starter and Business/Enterprise plan
  • What Loom is capable of and what not
  • Organizing your videos with tags
  • What settings we can configure for our recordings
  • Tips for good picture and sound quality

Thank you so very much @Matt Reiner _K15t_! 👏💙 

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 22, 2024

OK, you win for learning the most!

Like # people like this
Padmakshi Venkateswara Rao May 23, 2024

Your list of takeaways showcases the depth of knowledge shared during the session, covering everything from basic video creation to advanced settings and functionalities. It's evident that the session was a valuable learning experience for everyone involved, and I'm excited to dive deeper into Loom myself!

Like # people like this
Svenja Lorenzen
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 24, 2024

@Andy Gladstone I wish this was true. 😂 But, just because I can list a lot of things we went through, doesn't mean I've learned the most. 😉 However, I need to say, I'm very invested into Loom and this session contributed to the fact that I think it's a very cool tool. So I'm ready to try it out and learn even more. 😊

Like # people like this
Susan Waldrip May 22, 2024

Good app if you're starting out making videos for your Atlassian products. Nice to get a badge for attending the training, too! You can get a bit more info about the differences in plan capabilities at https://www.loom.com/pricing .

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 22, 2024

Yes to this, also any info about how/when this will be managed in the Atlassian billing system rather than a standalone (like Trello).

Like Amanda Barber likes this
Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 22, 2024

Always love Matt's videos - this was fantastic. Great intro to Loom. 

• Interesting that the Android app includes recording yourself while recording the screen, but iOS doesn't - for once, my android phone has something better, haha!
  • Look at the camera
  • Zoom in when possible or go full-screen
  • Confetti!! 🎉
  • Write a document - wow! 🤩
  • View insights and engagement insights 💥

Like # people like this
TC Wang
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 22, 2024

It's so cool to add/trim videos! The AI functions (writing docs, creating issues, and drafting messages) also look awesome. Way to go Matt!

Like # people like this
Vronik
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 22, 2024

Wow, thank you very much, I didn't remember this and it's been great to remember it, I've already saved the page in my favorites and now I just have to start.

Thank you very much @Matt Reiner _K15t_  for the very explanatory session, great !!! 👌

Like # people like this
Kasia Olchawa
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 23, 2024

This confetti is awesome! 🎉🎉🎉 I also agree that it's important to keep the camera close and be yourself. I sometimes record short videos about jira or confluence for my users. I didn't zoom in the page on the video, so thanks for reminding me to do that!

Like # people like this
Padmakshi Venkateswara Rao May 23, 2024

The enthusiasm from this group about the Loom Live Learning session is contagious! It's inspiring to see everyone eager to optimize their usage and explore the platform's features.

Like # people like this
Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 23, 2024

I just watched the recording of the livestream and so enjoyed learning so many things about Loom! So exciting! First, thanks so much @Matt Reiner _K15t_! Love the Loom button in Chrome and the Loom mobile app! So great! 

Like # people like this
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 23, 2024

Enjoyed the recording, very good job @Matt Reiner _K15t_ ! 

My favorite tip was how Loom adds a title, a summary, and chapters to your video.

Creating videos will no longer be a burden

Like # people like this
Jesse Feldman
Atlassian Team
May 24, 2024

Loved this session @Matt Reiner _K15t_ - thank you!!

From the audience chat, I got some great Loom feature request ideas for Trello and Confluence customers — all noted, y'all! 

Like # people like this
Steffen Burzlaff _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 24, 2024

Totally flashed by the AI integrations - like the transcript option a lot!

Like # people like this
Shawn Doyle - ReleaseTEAM
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 24, 2024

Thanks @Matt Reiner _K15t_ 

Haven't used Loom before, will start now after watching this.

Like # people like this
Wael May 25, 2024

Making looms is a time saver for documentation of process, easy quick to use and edit, and the results are amazing. 

Tip: Going full screen and zooming in is so helpful, makes such a difference providing the correct focus to your audience. Love it! 

Like # people like this
Vronik
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 27, 2024

@Kristie Riojas 

Question: Does this happen only to me or has the badge not been awarded yet despite having completed the steps?

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 27, 2024

@Vronik I got mine right after I was done with the requirements.

Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 27, 2024

I didn't get my badge yet either, @Kristie Riojas :)

Kristie Riojas
Atlassian Team
May 28, 2024

@PJ Zaiac Can you help ensuring Vronik and Amanda get their cool Loom Learner badge?

Like # people like this
Georg Mayer May 27, 2024

It was a really nice session about loom! I am very excited to implement first videos for my team :-)
Thank you for the great intro and useful tips!

Like # people like this
Tomislav Tobijas
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 30, 2024

Confetti 🎉button is the one thing like - you would never think that you need it, but it's so cool that it's there 😅

And I would agree with Matt there about Loom AI - we've tested it in early beta and I was really impressed about all of the features and how great it works 😀

Like # people like this
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 30, 2024

I like how loom creates a step by step when using Loom AI.

Like Kristie Riojas likes this
Lars Maehlmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 2, 2024

Yes,  the Loom has been a valuable tool for me since my time with Teams 24. I have consistently relied on it for its standout feature - the AI that generates video summaries. This has made it effortless for me to create comprehensive Confluence pages containing all the necessary details and videos. It has proven to be incredibly helpful in onboarding others to new features, providing quick explanations, and addressing questions in a more personalized manner.

Like Kristie Riojas likes this
Abby Frelich June 5, 2024

Loved the practical tips like "zoom in" and "be authentic, not perfect"

Like Kristen Roth likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events