Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Users' Community: Your Hidden Treasure and Best Ally

At Atlassian Summit 2018 - Barcelona, I was able to do a presentation about the resources available for new and existing users. In this article I will reflect some of the content of the presentation with the intention to foster collaboration and with the hope that more community members will enhance the content by sharing items that I probably missed. We have a live and organic ecosystem, be part of it as receiver and provider of knowledge. Any experience, despite of the size, will help users around the globe. Have fun and get engaged.

The full recorded presentation is available at the Summit website: The Users' Community: Your Hidden Treasure and Best Ally

The three aspects of the community knowledge sharing

To explain the existing resources I decided to group them based on three aspects:

• What is produced by Atlassian (paid and free),
  • Sponsored by Atlassian with Community engagement (including partners)
  • and solely provided by the community (Including Partners)

Unveiling the Treasure

Produced by Atlassian

The Atlassian team is constantly researching new ways to share their knowledge with the users.

-The Product Documentation team excel in quality and accuracy. It is the first stop in your on-boarding journey. You will find help using and administering Atlassian products. An interesting aspect of the Atlassian Documentation is that it is linked to the actual backlog of the products, so you can see on the documentation Issues that are pending or in the works. The documentation contains the actual issue unique ID and current status.

image.png

- Developer support site. Get the help you need to build applications for the Atlassian platform. - Product features and bugs reportsIt is Open and you can dive in. Learn more about product features suggestions and bug reports. Vote for those features that you are waiting for

Atlassian University  provides training and certification programs to develop and validate expertise in all Atlassian products. They are there for you on every step of your journey, whether you're improving the capability of your team or building your career.

image.png

Atlassian Summit Europe and USA – It is not about the presentations… it is the opportunity to Join the team along with other users to be inspired, hear expert advice on the best ways to use Atlassian tools, learn about the latest technology and product updates, and celebrate the teams that make the world a better place.

- Atlas Camp - Join the largest gathering of Atlassian app developers to enhance your skills, discover the future of product roadmaps, and learn how to grow your business and make your app stand out.

-Microsites are a hidden gem that provides a full spectrum of knowledge. My favorites are the Agile Coach and Team Playbook

image.png

image.png

-Blogposts - Work smarter, better, and faster with weekly tips and how-tos.

-eBooks – Are you ready to share your treasure with your team? Send the latest eBooks released. One of my favorite is DevOps101

-Media – A lunch and learn session? A microlearning need? – Try YouTube, SlideShare, LinkedIn , VimeoinLearning and more.

But, how about having some fun with your team or using some material to break the ice. Check this wonderful series of videos created by the Atlassian Team.... my preferred content to start our training sessions... 

If you are in need of some ice-breaker and fun… get the special guest: Chet Rong: the world’s worst agile coach

image.png

Have fun and enjoy learning!

Part 2: Sponsored by Atlassian with Community engagement (including partners) - Coming Soon -

image.png

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events