Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

💬 Let's discuss how Strategic Guidance can help your team achieve their goals

247 comments

Carrie Pratt
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 19, 2023

I plan to run with DACI. What a great way to embed transparency, inclusiveness, and unique thinking while honoring the thoughts of others.

Like • # people like this
Ted Nieblas September 19, 2023

I am struggling to see how these plays would work in our niche business. We are very much output focused as we get our requirements and due dates from a government entity who has very specific requests that they need to provide a capability. I do see some value in some of the tools to facilitate team building and communication to stakeholders, but we already have a well-defined process for achieving this and don't see these plays as providing a better outcome.

Very interesting and informative content though. I hope that I find something that I can use here to make things more efficient and effective.

Like • Becky Mueller likes this
Melinda.Harris
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 19, 2023

I plan to run the DACI play with my team. We are a small yet mighty group. Albeit our roles are clearly defined, there is a bit of overlap in some aspect where we lean on each other. One of which is a newly rolled out intake process. I'm looking forward to this.

Josh
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
September 19, 2023

We often find ourselves getting bogged down with ideas that never seem to get past the proposal phase. I'm going to be looking into integrating the DACI play into our workflow so that these ideas have a clear path forward.

brad_gerard September 19, 2023

I like these straightforward simple tools as a way to promote collaboration and create a shared understanding together. I will practice using the Goals, Signals, Measures & DACI the most to help draw a clearer picture of success based on business objectives and clearer role definition. 

Tirumalarao Naidu
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
September 19, 2023

Setting the goals in alignment with strategy and continuously following up and pursuing them to feedback the results and learnings as input in strategic guidance, however the owner has to take the accountability of the whole process.

Haunani Nakabara September 19, 2023

Planning to utilize the Vision Creation Playbook to come up with a shared team mission.

Peter Martin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
September 19, 2023

thank youi

Ewa
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
September 19, 2023

While our company is scaling dynamically, it would be best to start with Goals, Signals, and Measures to ensure everyone is on the same page with what we want to accomplish.

The after-play follow-ups seem to be a great way to see if we are heading in the right direction.

When the dust settles, it will be the time to introduce DACI.

Aziz Rauf
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
September 19, 2023

I'm going to present the Goal, Signal, Measures Strategy, and DACI to my team. I'd like to include the entire team in decision making and strategy development for the new customer added to our team's scope.

Faulds_ Sharon M
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
September 19, 2023

The vision creation play I believe will help prepare my team for working on client projects.  They hear all about the vision leadership has, but actually participating will give them a clearer picture. 

Paul Taylor
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
September 19, 2023

I intend to run Goals, Signals and Measures play as I am working on a project to implement a new QMS and I will benefit the team to understand why we are doing it and what success looks like.

Helen C September 19, 2023

"Name at least one of the Strategic Guidance plays you intend to run with your team. Explain why and how."

I am planning to run through the first three plays with the team but am most excited about the Goals, signals and measures play  and am looking forward to experimenting with recording them in Atlas.

Amy Fisher
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
September 19, 2023

With a new Fiscal Year around the corner, implementing the Vision Creation play with the team presents an opportunity to engage the team with our Corporate goals, by establishing a vision for the team that aligns with the overall objective for the year.  I'll review and discuss with some of my fellow managers to determine if the opportunity exists to try this with each team within our division.

Inae
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
September 19, 2023

I plan to use Goals, Signals, Measures and try to put them in metrics for efficient progress tracking and also utilize DACI to clarify and better communicate roles within the project to promote better understanding within the team and other stakeholders.

Sally Namassy
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
September 19, 2023

I intend to continue the Vision Creation play. It is the foundation of guidance, in my opinion. I believe a successful project starts with ensuring the alignment of ideas into a singular goal, while also inspiring trust and excitement amongst the team. Ensuring everyone understands the goal, contributes their ideas, and provides feedback is a great way to enrich a team dynamic, inspire confidence and trust in your team, and ensure the team is invested in the impact of the process/product. Leaving the board open for extra time allows teammates to revisit, review, and re-contribute. I find that this small step also gives less vocal teammates a more comfortable way to contribute their thoughts and ideas as well.

Surender Duggirala
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
September 19, 2023

Very helpful content and I really appreciate the way this short course has been structured.

Vision creation, DACI framework and preparing for play is the most important critical piece in my view and that will determine the success of any team.

Thank you, Atlassian.

Myriam A
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
September 19, 2023

My plan is to run the Customer Journey Mapping because it's a great tool to improve the user experience, discover new opportunities and better understand the process.

Eloise Garcia
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
September 19, 2023

I plan on running multiple customer journey mapping sessions with our teams as we solve complex problems for a number of different user groups all using our products for different purposes.  I think this will be of great benefit to our squads when deciding on how best to solve for various issues that we are fixing using the insight gathered from the perspectives of a persona from each user group and their specific journey, pain points and feelings.

Shirley León
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
September 19, 2023

To answer this question I will definitely will be implementing Team Goal, Signals and measures to reach the future Goals of my team.

Sherry
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
September 19, 2023

I intend to implement the DACI play. This will help our group collaborate more transparently.

Sumit Kumar
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
September 19, 2023

I would play DACI with my team to define clear goals.

Zaheer Kazi September 19, 2023

I am planning to run two plays with the team given that we already have the vision in place.

1. Goals, Signals and Measures - focusing on outcome vs output

2. Customer Journey map - we have done VSMs but doing the Customer journey map will help us step into different personas and relook at things for opportunities and best customer experience 

Dhananjay Kumar September 19, 2023

I would like to use DACI for the preparation/creation of processes that will help my team yields higher productivity and reducing the risk factors.  Since the process need to be better and good for everyone. all the participants will be equally responsible.  

Kevin Wilson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
September 19, 2023

I'm planning on using the DACI framework. Actually also vision creation and goals, signals and measures. Our team is in need of a focus as we have a lot of work but very little agreement on what our outcomes and goals should be (and for who). This will help drive us on the correct road.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events