Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are the questions for each team attribute?

BK December 12, 2017
The team health monitor page says:

"Refer to each attribute's definition and list of questions to guide your assessments."

Where is the list of questions? I do not see it in the article.

This is the page I'm looking at: https://www.atlassian.com/team-playbook/health-monitor/project-teams

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bernie Ferguson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 13, 2017

Hi BK, thanks for reaching out and seeking clarification on the questions for each attribute.

In an early iteration of the Health Monitor we included a list of questions for each attribute but found that the questions had a tendency for teams to turn the exercise into a check box session. Teams would rush through trying to answer all the questions without stopping to consider the attribute and what it means for their team.

The true value in the Health Monitor is the discussion it creates, not rushing through lots of questions to get them answered, feeling exhausted and moving on without agreeing what actions are needed to improve the performance of the team.

If you find your team is stuck on a definition of an attribute, ask simply: "What does this attribute mean for our team?"

That will unblock the conversation and ensure you are introspectively thinking about your team. 

I'll go back and tidy up the text on the health monitors now to avoid any further confusion, kudos for the call out.

Hope that helps, let us know how you go. 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events