Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Access restrictions for projects

Hey there,

great product from what I see so far. I know that "open company, no bullshit" is one Atlassian's your core values but I'm not sure whether that applies to "ALL" projects, especially when sensitive information should be shared, but not with the entire organization.

So the question is: Is there a way to restrict access to individual Team Central projects, have I just missed it, or is this not going to ever happen? 

Use case: I would like to track a project that would include info that must not be shared outside of the organization (bound by NDA). To reduce the risk, I need to share the info with just a few people (that have signed the NDA). What would be the alternative approach? Keep that info in a dedicated Team central instance/org? The thing is, I would love to have updates on the project in my Monday morning digest, but if we can't restrict it, we need to track status elsewhere.

Thanks for any kind of thought,

Christian

4 comments

Hey @Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_

Thanks for the question! Totally spot on - we generally try to be open, by default - but that doesn't mean everything is open. A big difference there.

Today in Team Central, we don't have the ability to restrict project or goal visibility, but the use case makes total sense and one we want to tackle in the future. I've note that internally here, but yes, something which we would like to do. Lots of other use cases such as HR projects, M&A and that kind of stuff. Rest assured, it's in our todo list! 

The only alternative approach is to spin up a new Team Central for this, but totally agree, not one I'd encourage as we do think the whole purpose of Team Central is to have one central place for your org.

To help set expectations, I can't foresee us getting to this until possibly the tail end of this calendar year - but as usual, can't guarantee it....(see what I did there, trying to be open company as much as possible!)

Like # people like this

Hey @Sherif Mansour , long time no see :-)

Thanks for the quick reply and for being open! I'll keep that in mind when setting up our structure.

Like Sherif Mansour likes this
Jimmy Seddon Community Leader Jun 17, 2021

Thanks @Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_ for posting this, and @Sherif Mansour for the very transparent reply.

We are in the beginning stages of piloting this with a small group and this exact quest was asked specifically around the HR use case.

The expectation is that when others start to see what a small group in R&D has been able to accomplish there may be interest in this expanding to other areas of our organization.

This gives me the information I need to set expectations appropriately!

Like Sherif Mansour likes this

Thank you for your feedback, @Jimmy Seddon 

Feedback noted, feel free to let us know how your pilot goes and if there is any way we can help!

Comment

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you