Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to lookup Users in Create event dialog

Jannik Meibom November 27, 2019

After upgradering our Confluence Server (self-hosted) to the lastest version 7.1.0, we experince that we cannot lookup users in the Create event dialog. I have updated the Team Calendar plugin to the latest version, which did not resolve the issue.
Two questions:
1) Have anybody else experienced this?
2) Do we need to restart the Confluence server for the plugin update to take effect?

Screen dump of Create event dialog:

Image 2019-11-27_09-27-10.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 28, 2019

Hello Jannik,

Thank you for reporting this.

This could possibly be an indexing issue. Could you kindly rebuild the content indexes from scratch and restart Confluence?

If the issue persists, would you be able to show me what errors you encounter in the Confluence Server Logs when you attempt to call the users?

Regards,

Shannon

Jannik Meibom December 3, 2019

Hi Shannon,

I haven't had the time to execute your suggestion, but I'll do it tonight and let you know if it fixes the issue.

Best regards,

Jannik

Jannik Meibom December 3, 2019

Hi Shannon,

I read through the article you referenced (Rebuild the content indexes from scratch).

It suggested that I tried to rebuild the Search Index, prior to rebuilding the entire content indexes from scratch.

Simply rebuilding the search indexes fixed our issue:

Confluence-rebuild-search-index.pngIt took 43 seconds... should have pressed that button looong time ago :-)

Thanks for you assistance.

Best regards,

Jannik

Like Shannon S likes this
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 5, 2019

Jannik,

That's great! Just so you know for the future, the reindexing from scratch article I sent you is a more thorough version of this. So if you try this rebuild in the future and that doesn't work, you can try my solutions. That goes for any indexing issues!

Take care,

Shannon

Like Damien Davis likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events