Team Calendars 4.0 adding new events

Chuck Gould
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2013

Confluence 5.1.3 and Team Calendar 4.0

=============================

By default Team Calendars 4.0 displays 4 event options (if you don't use JIRA). Is it possible to modify the list of events?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sherif Mansour
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 22, 2013

Thanks for explaining, Chuck. I think I understand where you're coming from. We have a feature request where we are tracking this here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/TEAMCAL-1643 would be great to hear on that ticket your use cases. I think this is where we will head on our roadmap.

0 votes
Sherif Mansour
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 21, 2013

Chuck, is it because you want to modify the list of events to remove the JIRA ones or add your own?

Chuck Gould
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2013

We don't have JIRA so those events are not showing up. There are occasions where we might want to add our own event types.

This would best work if the events types were "per" calendar. I suspect if it is possible to add events, it would be a global change.

Our usage case it so generate a color coded calendar with multiple types of events. Currently we use 11 different calendars and combine them into an aggregate view to achieve our goal. It has been working fine, but would be nice to have them into a single calendar.

As the aggregated view varies from project to project we have just been using separate calendars.

I think we would have been happy with one calendar type and 1 event type. In the previous iteration we only used event calendars and did not use people calendars.

The removal of people calendars for us is a good thing. The event types aren't useful to use unless they are configurable.

Hope that helps explain what we are doing. Let me know if you have further questions.

Look forward to your feedback on editing event types.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events