Showing interim milestones in 'Team Calendar'

Hi, My first time here.

New to using Team Calendar.

Quick question - what's the way to show interim milestones along the way of a Version?

For instance, our version/release x.y is going LIVE on 24th May.

There's various milestones along the way, like - locked for changes, testing complete, code lock down etc. These are generally fixed # of days before the 'release date' (or version due date) i.e. always 11, 7 & 4 days before the release date.

I've been trying to show all of these interim milestones on the calendar.

HOW?

1 answer

You could use Jira issues with due dates at these points and update them once every release cycle. Then display them using a Jira calendar?

Thanks Matthew. My idea was to automate this whole thing - such that when a release is delayed, the interim milestones are also shifted automatically.

I do like your idea but I think it's about the same as using a manual calendar (like 'events').

@Nitin, there isn't a way to automate this right now. I think the best answer is what Matthew suggested.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

391 views 1 13
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot