Multi-Client Environment - 1 Service Desk or Multiple?

jason gill March 20, 2014

My company is a service provider who service multiple clients. Our clients have different SLA's and Business hours.

I want our guys to be able to see all of their issues in a single queue, but I also want to be able to assign different SLA's to issue milestones for each customer and set up different business hours calendars for each.

Can someone what is the best approach is that will meet all these needs and do you have any links tips on how to implement this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
&(*&)#)_*#@@(*)(@*)(*@
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2014

service desk 1 - n clients

You dont need any Customer text field , jira provides some handy user custom field and group custom field

You can then use those group and user custom field in your workflow and project role definition.

Jira service desk is a plugin that run on top of a jira server .. you can refine the jira behaviour to match your requirements ( no doubt about that) You may want to read the jira admin configuration guide or ask your local atlassian expert :)

best regards

0 votes
Deb Martinez March 20, 2014

Hi Jason,

Yes, Service Desk totally does all of this! The SLA's are configured based on a JQL query, so you can easily configure an SLA for client=ABC. The newest version of Service Desk (v1.2) has SLA Calendars - so you can configure business hours.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/SERVICEDESK/SLAs

There is a section on the Calendars.

Deb

jason gill March 23, 2014

Thanks Deb,

One more question around this. If going with a single service desk for all customers, what is the best way for customers to define which client they are from.

Customer text field where they manually type the client company name? Is there a way to validate that field so they type the correct thing?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events