Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to migrate Team Calendars content in a way that shows who created the content?

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2021

The only way I know of migrating TC content is the ICS export/import method.  After having done so for one team, the feedback I received was negative, stating that it's not possible to know who has time off, flex time, etc.  

This has caused such a problem that the team is considering not paying for Premium and finding a different calendar solution entirely.

Is there a way to migrate the name of the person who created the event?

1 answer

1 vote
Patrick Schüßler _yasoon_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 5, 2021

Hi @Rob Horan ,

you are right. ICS export/ import is a way to migrate TC content.

In case you use Outlook calendars, this app might be an option for you if you want to switch to Confluence Standard:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1217554/outlook-calendars-for-confluence?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Here you don't need ICS export/ import. You would benefit from real-time data from Microsoft 365, no sync needed. You can simply configure, who has permissions and who can see or edit calendars in Confluence.

In this short demo you'll get an overview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y285YW6VG5A

Please let me know, if you have questions on it.

I hope that helps.

Cheers,
Patrick

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 6, 2021

Thanks Patrick. I'd prefer to keep the customer happily using Team Calendars as they were before, but I'll look into this as well. 

Even so, how would this issue address the loss of information when migrating from Team Calendars for Server?

Rising Star
Rising Star
July 6, 2021

Hey Rob, 

of course, I understand that. Customer first ;)

With our app there will be no loss of information as we do not store calendar data in Confluence but merely display the data from Outlook in real time.

Does that answer your question?

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 6, 2021

Not exactly.  They are currently in Confluence server and need to move their existing Team Calendars data from server to a Clud solution, ideally Team Calendars for Confluence. The existing data needs to be preserved completely.

Rising Star
Rising Star
July 6, 2021

Okay, got it. 

Take a look at this one: Team Calendar cloud migration (atlassian.com)

I think this could be a good way :)

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 7, 2021

Thanks Patrick, but that's what I've already tried and there's a lot of info missing.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events